my daughter will not eat, what do i do?

my daughter is 14 months and she will not eat anything but cheerios and animal crackers.

annsmom07

Asked by annsmom07 at 6:08 PM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• don't give her cheerios and crackers and she'll have no choice but to eat other things.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 6:12 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Your not alone, my daughter is the same way she is 3 now! she will eat when she is hungry! what I do is on the days I know she is being picky I will put a tray out with 3-4 different finger foods and let her pick what she wants from it.

Like string cheese, chicken fingers, and apple wedges. (you can put whatever you'd like to)
    I would try and put the cheerios and animal crackers to a stop and say that you don't have any and to try one of the foods that are on the tray. She might get upset and give you a hard time at first but the more you push other foods the faster she will get use to the fact that she needs to eat healthier things.
    My daughters pediatrician says that children will NOT starve! so no worry there!

Good luck!

Tip: I use a cookie cutter for little sandwiches and she loves that!

ButterflyLadi

Answer by ButterflyLadi at 6:36 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• My 21 month old was starting to only fill up on milk and crackers and would not eat his meals...so I pretty much cut out snacks and gave him less meals. He now eats his food, and when he doesn't I wrap it up and try to give it to him a little later. Now that I do not give him a ton of snacks I notice when he starts to get really grumpy I give him her meal and he eats it!! Good luck :)
    Anonymous