Need some ideas on something to do to say thanks to my husband.

Since monday he's been the greatest. Well, he's always been great :-). But Monday I had the appendectomy and he's been wonderful. Cooking, cleaning, dishes, laundry, taking care of Kyra and getting her on the bus everyday and off mosty days. He's been getting me drinks, blankets, helping me wash my hair, everything. I want to do something to thank him when I'm better. Still going to be a couple weeks but I wanted to start thinking about it. Any and all suggestions appreciated. Thanks!

Kiwismommy19

Asked by Kiwismommy19 at 1:45 PM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• He sounds so loving and thoughtful! A card would be nice, or maybe you could arrange a boys night out for him? It's nice that you want to show him how much you appreciate him!!!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 2:04 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Ummm... hee-hee... I've got a suggestion, all right..
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:49 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• lingerie is always a great way to say thanks... a lot.
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 1:51 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I would get him a card and a small gift showing your appreciation.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 1:52 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I would take him on a romantic getaway not to expensive thought; but I would just plan it out. You know it is also his obligation to help you . But sometimes I like to show him some appreciation for the extra step he take to make my life easy. That's why I love him. Try it communicate more and have a great relation. Communication is the key. Good luck girlie..
    elisabellaguna

Answer by elisabellaguna at 1:56 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• i agree with you kiwismommy yes its his job to take care of you but he probably goes above and beyond and it very thoughtful and loving about it and the secret to a strong successful marriage to never take your partner for granted, he takes the trash out say "thank you baby" and give him a kiss cause when you feel taken fro granted thats when it gets stale and boring and lonely and it breaks down. I had surgery recently too and i was like you my husband was very loving and attentive and i felt very blessed. With divorce rates at what they are just because its what a husband SHOULD be doing doesn't mean it's what most husbands ARE doing. Thank God for attentive husbands and wives who appreciate the good men they have
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 2:02 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• After you are feeling better take him out to dinner then go home and show him how thankful u are!!!!!
    kellienicholle

Answer by kellienicholle at 2:45 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• sexy sex is usally all the thanks a man needs lol put a card can speak a thousand unspoken words too
    Shani527

Answer by Shani527 at 1:55 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• How about tickets to a sporting event? Or some electronic he's been thinking about buying? Those are my first two options when I want to thank my husband.
    kathria

Answer by kathria at 2:22 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Fistand, no offense taken. You're right. And I would do the same. I also think being part of a marriage and team is to show your appreciation when someone steps up and helps like that. I got it a LOT better in the marriage department than most women I know and I want him to know how much I appreciate him.
    Kiwismommy19

Comment by Kiwismommy19 (original poster) at 1:55 PM on Aug. 22, 2010