• In the Spotlight:

Is there any other phone company for landlines other than verizon?

I have verizon and Need a second line for my internet beacuse we live in the country and can't get highspeed.... SO.... Verizon wanting to charge $25.00 a month just for the extra line. My mom goes through them and pays $14.00 AND I TOLD THEM THAT AND THEY ACTED LIKE i WAS STUPID..Would just like to know if I have another option .. Thanks

emturner

Asked by emturner at 6:11 PM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Home & Garden

• depends on where you live... if you have a local radioshack go talk to them
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 4:32 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• It depends on where you live & what is available. I live in Pa & we have wind stream DSL & you only need one phone line. Verizon also has DSL in some area's. How this works it has a four wire line 7 two goes to your phone & two goes to the Internet. That way you can be on the Internet & also have availability to the phone line.
    Tinkerbell3396

Answer by Tinkerbell3396 at 9:51 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Do you have a regular phone comapany in your area. Like Sprint ,Embarq, they also offer dsl or high speed for phone use from a landline a a reasonable cost.
    doglovergranny

Answer by doglovergranny at 2:03 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• depends on where you live, I left Verizon at one point and switched to IDT and they were alot better but now I have broadband phone which is super cheap its only 15.89 a month. But you would need highspeed internet so I guess that does you no good.
    jojo13

Answer by jojo13 at 8:37 PM on Oct. 11, 2008