Do you have a favorite verse of encouragement? What is it?

blessedwithree

Asked by blessedwithree at 1:51 PM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Jeremiah 29:11
    For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
    hepmommy

Answer by hepmommy at 6:31 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Isaiah 41:10, 13

10 Do not be afraid, for I am with you. Do not gaze about, for I am your God. I will fortify you. I will really help you. I will really keep fast hold of you with my right hand of righteousness.’

13 For I, Jehovah your God, am grasping your right hand, the One saying to you, ‘Do not be afraid. I myself will help you.

“Do not be anxious over anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication along with thanksgiving let your petitions be made known to God.”—Phil. 4:6.
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 2:54 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• psalm 22:9-21, I know its long and I love the rest of it too, to me it says "no matter how bad it is, God i know you are there to love me and shelter me, tho it hurts to BE me."
    basically all of psalms comforts me. :)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 2:03 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• proudmomma777 nailed it with Isaiah. That scripture got me through many trials. Also
    (Psalm 34:18) Jehovah is near to those that are broken at heart; And those who are crushed in spirit he saves. 
    (Psalm 147:3) He is healing the brokenhearted ones, And is binding up their painful spots
    (Psalm 51:17) The sacrifices to God are a broken spirit; A heart broken and crushed, O God, you will not despise.
    (Isaiah 57:15) For this is what the High and Lofty One, who is residing forever and whose name is holy, has said: “In the height and in the holy place is where I reside, also with the one crushed and lowly in spirit, to revive the spirit of the lowly ones and to revive the heart of the ones being crushed.
    69humblepie

Answer by 69humblepie at 3:16 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• not from the Bible... I like using phrases or quotes that people have said throughout history..
    like: "Give a Man a fish he eats for a day, teach a man to fish, he eats for a lifetime." Nothing religious, just simple wisdom.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 7:47 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I have so many i have to run and get my bible lol, hang on mama...
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 1:57 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Psalm 30:5 " Weeping may tarry for the night, but Joy comes with the morning"..... (My favorite scripture of all time!)
    ProudMommie87

Answer by ProudMommie87 at 4:48 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Isaiah 40:31 but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:44 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Not a Bible verse...but words:
    Serentiy prayer; Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference.
    boomamma

Answer by boomamma at 9:22 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Philipians 4:13
    Tes...Jacksmami

Answer by Tes...Jacksmami at 9:54 PM on Aug. 22, 2010