Are your pets afraid of thunder during a storm?

Our puppy isn't, I had to go out & bring her in from a storm once when it got bad and we started to get some lightening.

MyAngel003

Asked by MyAngel003 at 2:07 PM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Pets

• Nope. My little Shih Tzu will go outside and stare up into the rain, lol. She's just so tough, haha.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 2:17 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Our dog is scared of sprinkles. You and thunder and there is no way to get her out side.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 2:09 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I've had 1 dog a few years ago that would hide when it thundered. When I was younger we had a horse that would go buck wild everytime if thundered.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 2:10 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• My Yorkie is deadly afraid, he trembles like a leave, but my other dog could care less.

Answer by older at 2:11 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• scared to death!
    lillie70

Answer by lillie70 at 2:16 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• We had a dog that was terrified of them, she would run up and down the front porch, hide under the benches and make piddle puddles everytime thunder struck when she was a puppy. After she got a little older, she would just go hide under the shed until the storm passed.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 2:10 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Mine doesn't seem to be, when I was a little girl, we had a dog that was terrified of them (and fireworks) and would always hide.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 2:19 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• We have not had any big storms since we got our dog. He isn't afraid of the little storms, though.
    Courtney610

Answer by Courtney610 at 2:21 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• One of our dogs is terrified of thunder. He cowers and shakes and it only gets better when the thunder stops. It's cute for a short amount of time, but then I just send him into the deepest part of the house and try to keep him calm there. He does follow me everywhere in the house when he's scared.
    kathria

Answer by kathria at 2:30 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• He sure is. He can tell it's going to rain hours before it does. He is also afraid of just rain though. Don't know why. It drives me crazy cause I love storms! You can give them Benadryl or Melatonin to ease their anxiety. We have to keep him a room where there is no windows.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 2:38 PM on Aug. 22, 2010