I am not producing as much as I have been, my baby girl is four months old?

I still feed her at least 10 times a day, and she isn't fussy, keep bfing and stop cereal and everything else, and just nurse, nurse, nurse? Juice and all, Not that I do much anyway, but I think I should stop rushing her, I think, right?

LeTishia

Asked by LeTishia at 6:24 PM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would drop all but breastfeeding till she is about 6 months old.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 6:39 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Are you eating right? Are you drinking enough water? Look at your diet and determine if you are taking in enough nutrients to keep a healthy milk supply. Whether you are rushing her or not depends on your lifestyle. Are you planning on returning to work soon? Do you have other children that take a lot of attention? If so I can understand you preparing her to eat other things. Just keep in mind at 4 months there are certain things you cannot feed your baby or she could have an allergic reaction. If your diet is ok and you still want to increase your milk supply, you could pump when you are not feeding your little girl and there is a tea called Mother's milk that helps to increase milk production. I tried it when my seven year old was 4 months. It worked wonders. You can ask for it by name at any health food store. Good luck and God bless
    aziza4

Answer by aziza4 at 7:07 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Yep, breastfeed only...but a lot of women on here are praising fenugreek a natural herb that increases the breastmilk dramatically. Look into it.
    SugaB28

Answer by SugaB28 at 7:11 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• yeah i agree, wait on the other stuff til 6 months...but my son demanded more at 4 months and i had to start giving him a bottle or 2 of formula a day...then by 6 months i was just bf 2-3 x day...one of the things my mother told me to try was drink a beer (of course wait a couple of hrs til you bf again) but the hops and barley i think? whatever is in beer -- it helps produce more milk. i hate beer but i did it and after a week i swear i could tell the difference...but thats just me.
    mom2bboy

Answer by mom2bboy at 8:17 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I was having problems as well, but I exclusively pump. All I can say is examine your diet. I found that 1 cup of coffee a day was decreasing my supply. I also tried fenugreek, blessed thistle, and mothers milk tea. I would try all of these and don't give up.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:33 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• yeah me too on the beer i'm drinking one right now actually. it helps so much just have one or two every 3 days or so. and of course, do it at a time where your baby will not be feeding for a few hours! i have tried everything else before this, and nothing else worked for me. everyones body is different though. the herbs might work for you.
    CNehneva

Answer by CNehneva at 9:16 PM on Oct. 8, 2008