What can't you give away?

Is there anything that belongs to your child that you don't think you can ever give away, like a cloth item or something like that?

I would have to say his baby blankets. I was just thinking about that today because I am planning to pack them away. He's not using them much anymore, but he keeps pulling them out of the cabinet and making a mess, LOL. But no matter what I don't think I will ever get rid of them. Maybe I'll have a quilt made of them someday though.

thatgirl70

Asked by thatgirl70 at 2:17 PM on Aug. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• LOL... We have these two generic beany bunnies. They are white. They were given to my two older boys when they were like 1 & 2 (they are 16 & 17 now). They loved their bunnies, took them everywhere. They were put away and kinda forgotten about. When my third son (who is 5 now) was born, he got the bunnies. He loved those bunnies, they were with him all the time. They were his comfort thing. I had to wash them all the time. Then, they started to wear out... almost all the fuzzy fabric had worn away.... they had stitching scars from the holes that had to be sewn. He couldn't part with them and they couldn't be replaced. The are now safe in the top drawer of his dresser. He visits with them, but they have become so fragile...pellets leaking... LOL... The are full of the love of three kids... I could never part with them.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 3:15 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Gosh, If I could I would save everything from all my kids lol. I would have to say 1st pair of baby shoes, favorite baby blanket, some baby clothes items and arts and craft they make is school or for mommy and daddy's day.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 2:21 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• The first outfit they wore home, their baptism outfits, probably the blankets (if there is anything left to them when they don't want them any longer LOL). Probably a couple of their favorite books as well.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 2:20 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• The cross-stitched crib quilts I made them during my pregnancies. Mostly everything else is gone because they're no longer babies.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 2:22 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• My daughter is 5 and I still have her first pair of shoes, her baptism outfit, a green baby blanket with her initials and her hospital hat!
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 2:32 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• The baby blankets, some of the toys, a few choice outfits
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 2:34 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Some of my little mans favorite outfits. The one he came home in my MIL gave away (Even though that say day I told her No that was his coming home outfit. I was soo pissed when I found out.) Anything that was Homemade for John. Hes got blankets & booties that were home made.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 3:11 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• i still have my blanky! And i will keep all their special thigs too!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 3:43 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Their security blankets.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:51 PM on Aug. 22, 2010