How to juggle 3 kids???

I'm almost due with my 3rd child (my 3rd boy) and I'm super scared and worried about how I'm going to juggle between them. My husband and I have a 6yr. old, a 2yr. old and a soon to be newborn next month. How do I make sure that my hubby and I don't forget or leave any one out? How do I divide my attention to both babies? On top of that, I go back to work a month after I give birth! Any tips would be helpful.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:24 PM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have 3 boys also. A 4 yr old, 3 yr old, and 7 month old. It seems overwhelming and it is a few weeks but then life redefines a new rythm like when the 2nd was born and seems normal to juggle 3. With my 4 yr old in school all day and I'm busy nursing the baby a lot my middle child gets left out the most like the cliche. We take him for a happy meal once a week without older brother and things like that. It will all work out great in time, and enjoy the blessing of your third baby!
    molly1984

Answer by molly1984 at 6:34 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I will be finding this out in February. I will be having my 3rd boy as well! My other 2 will be 2 and 5! I remember being so scared wondering how I was going to adjust to 2 boys. I did fine. A very smart friend with 4 kids expained it to me like this: It gets easier adjusting the more children you have! A second child is 50% more kids. A third child is only 25% more! Somehow we all find a way to adjust! You will make it work!!
    Courtney610

Answer by Courtney610 at 6:53 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• i will also be finding this out in dec. im expecting my 2nd girl. i have a 2yr old a 9m old and then i will have her.
    My sis does it just fine she has 2 boys and a girl. they are 7,5,and3. i can imagine that i will be turning to her for advice alot!!!
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 7:03 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Well, I have a 6 y/o, a 4 y/o, a 3 y/o, 2 y/o, and a baby girl due in Feb. That will make 3 kids born in Feb. anyways, I didn't worry about adjusting I just went with the flow. You will know when your child is low on attention. If hubby goes somewhere he always take one or two of them, I spend all day w/ my 2 y/o the rest are in school, school not daycare. My 6 y/o get his attention in the evenings after the younger kids go to bed, he helps his dad with all kinds of things and helps me and he likes that. The 3 and 4 y/os are cuddlers so you know when they want attention. My 2 y/o is not into cuddling she would rather play alone.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 7:24 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Voice of experience...1) take care of yourself first; I call it ME TIME. Kind of like on an airplane, put your mask on first then your child's. 2) Find ways to include as many people as possible in things. I put my son's chair next to my rocker so when I was feeding my daughter we could read a book or just talk at the same time. Cuddlers might like a couch instead. 3) Don't try to do it yourself. Enlist friends, family and (especially) your husband. Also, a great piece of advice I was given, schedule time with each of the older children one-on-one (have someone watch the others). Make this their special time.
    WD40

Answer by WD40 at 7:46 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• i also am a mother of three and i work full time, when the baby comes just get the others involved in helping like getting diapers and wipes and toys and let them talk to and hold the baby, sitting down of course, but also find time to just get the older kids out of the house like to a park or kids favorite hang out (chuck e cheese) thats what i do and trust me it works, i have a 3 year old, 22mth old and a 10mth old...good luck
    alexandria03

Answer by alexandria03 at 8:01 PM on Oct. 8, 2008