could my bag have ruptured??

alright I was sitting in our reclining chair reclined back. I sat up and some fluid came out enuff to soak my underwear. there was some white mucusy dishcharge as well. IDK if I peed or if this is my water. It hasnt happened again. My mom said if it was my water more will come out when I have a contraction. I feel like I could be leaking a little bit. I have been having some BHcontractions and cramping this morning. p.s. today is also my due date.

travisnowensmom

Asked by travisnowensmom at 2:21 PM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• If you call the doctor they will tell you to go in & have it checked. Sounds like today might be your day! Good luck!
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 2:23 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Smell it. I know it sounds gross, but if it smells sweet it is most likely from your water breaking. Lay down and put a pad on. Check again in a little bit. If it continues to leak, give your OB or midwife a call. Also, time your contractions.
    Courtney610

Answer by Courtney610 at 2:23 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Call your doctor. If your water broke, you need to get to the hospital sooner rather than later. Good luck!
    kathria

Answer by kathria at 2:24 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Aw Your going to be a mommy!!!! you are problably either going to have baby today or tomorrow good luck
    young_teen_momm

Answer by young_teen_momm at 2:26 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• You can go to the hospital and they can see if your water broke. Also, start timing your contactions.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 2:27 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I would call your doctor and let them know what happen your water can leak little by little for a while. For the fact that your due date is today i would be really wanting to know what the hell is really going on.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 2:28 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• if it was your water you will keep leaking!! good luck
    anfisasmommy

Answer by anfisasmommy at 2:29 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• i know I can go to the hospital but it is an hour away and I have been there twice already this week. I dont wanna go and get sent home again unless I know this was my water breaking. I see my ob tomorrow at 8:30am and getting induced tomorrow evening or Tuesday morning. I kinda wanna see if more comes out. it didnt really smell lik anything either. I'm at my inlaws and my MIL shouls be home in 1/2 hr. she's a nurse so hopefully she'll kno something.
    travisnowensmom

Comment by travisnowensmom (original poster) at 2:29 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Generally they want you to go in oce your water has broke to reduce the risk of infection (at least thats what i was told) so i would go in, what i THOUGHT were BH at 34 weeks had brought me dilated to a 6 i labored for an hour before my son went in to distress and they took me for a c-section head on down pretty sure it's time to have a baby
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 2:54 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• congrats sounds like your in labor
    sherryb1273

Answer by sherryb1273 at 3:00 PM on Aug. 22, 2010