Anyone else ever have or heard of a Subchorionic Hemorrhage?

Subchorionic Hemorrhage is bleeding behind the placenta, often caused by a clot. In most cases, this clot will dissolve away, resolving the problem and allowing the pregnancy to progress normally. It may take several weeks for this clot to dissolve. Treatment for a Subchorionic hemorrhage is typically bed rest.

momof3_wi

Asked by momof3_wi at 2:24 PM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I have one and am rest (not quite bedrest) I have had no bleeding which is less common but happens. I go back to the doc tomorrow to see how it is progressing. I not quite sure what your question is so let me know if you have one or need to talk. The info out there is pretty scary.
    Casumael

Answer by Casumael at 2:32 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I had one!! started spotting at about 5 weeks and it lasted until about 15 weeks ish. At times there was basically no blood and then there were times where there was a ridiculous amount, I went to the ER once because it was so bad. I was never on bedrest. I was told that bedrest would neither help or hurt it. I was on pelvic rest though which meant no sex. which made a lot of sense. it was definitely a very scary thing to go through, especially since youre always told that blood during pregnancy is bad bad bad. but it did resolve itself and I am now 33 weeks along!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 5:39 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I had one. I started spotting at about 7 weeks and it went downhill from there. The clot disappeared but then I had a placental abruption and was put on bedrest at 27 weeks. I was in the hospital on bedrest from 27-37 weeks.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 8:00 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• yes ! i got one at my 6 weeks, i had bleeding n before i had an ultrasound n my dr still didnt know why we all thought it was just the beggining of a miscarriage but once i had my ultrasound he told me i had that, i lost hope when he kept ordering these ultrasounds to update on my condition n one of the times it had gotten bigger, another time we saw it turned into 2! other times it just looked the same, i was devastated, until my 17 weeks it completely disappeared! of course i was on strict bedrest, the only thing u can do to heal it. i am now 35 weeks n waiting for my 2nd babygirl!
    chriskris

Answer by chriskris at 10:41 PM on Aug. 22, 2010