early morning cough

I do not smoke and am not around 2nd hand smoke, I'm never sick but every single morning I wake up coughing and I'm not sure what from. I don't have the money to see the DR. so I only go if I HAVE too.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:25 PM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Health

• drink something .. Do you have a dry throat? Maybe you should keep a glass of water by your bed, if you wake up for a poty break drink some water before going back to sleep. It could be from not having any air circulating in your room. Get a fan, keep it on while sleeping.
    I hope you get it taken care of..
    It could be acid reflux?
    LadyBug.Love

Answer by LadyBug.Love at 2:32 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Sounds like it's due to your throat being dry. Put in a Humidier in your room to help keep moisture in the air while you sleep.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:50 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• allergies???
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 4:29 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• It might be allergies. Vacuum and dust your bedroom very thoroughly, wash all your bedding, and do a major de-cluttering.

I was also wondering about 2nd hand smoke, but you said you aren't around any. I used to cough every morning, and every night, and was wheezy and short of breath, but once I stopped babysitting children whose parents smoked, I was fine. (It's so wierd, though, cuz I was around their kids who didn't smell like smoke, and the parents all said they smoked outside their house, not around the kids, but it still greatly affected me.)
    flatlanderjenn

Answer by flatlanderjenn at 9:50 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Could just be a dry throught, or if your in an apartment it could be mold in the walls or vents thats causing your cough. Try a humidifyer in your room at night. If you still have the cough in the morning think about a Dr visit.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:38 PM on Aug. 23, 2010