do you do this? or is it dying out?

My BF's mother got me a gift for my birthday. I sent her a thank you card. She was pretty surprised, said that many women my age see this as old fashioned & not necessary, that a simple phone call would suffice. So, do you send thank you cards?

stressedmomma13

Asked by stressedmomma13 at 2:26 PM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• no,I just thank them in person or by e mail

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:27 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I always do, and I've taught my son to also.
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 2:28 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I always send out thank you cards for the childrens birthday presents my hubby and I birthdays it's not old fashion to me it's being an adult and showing that you are thankful.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 2:31 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• i forget
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 2:33 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Nope. Of course, I don't receive any gifts either. Seriously, I haven't received a gift in about 10 years or so.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 2:34 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I hate giveing thank you cards, but I do it. I would rather say it face to face with a big hug. I also like getting them. Some people don't even say thank you at all.
    emilysmom1966

Answer by emilysmom1966 at 2:35 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Yes, I send thank you cards.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:36 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Although I rather thank them in person or via phone, a thank you card is always a plus.

Answer by older at 2:40 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I ALWAYS Send Thank you cards. I even had Thank You cards made up with my Sons name on them. Everyone gets a Thank you when they give him a gift. My Mom has a friend that sends me coupons all the time and I even send her Thank You's. It is the right thing to do.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:41 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Yes, I send them and have my kids draw on them. It is very thoughtful to take the time, and sadly, it is dying out.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 2:42 PM on Aug. 22, 2010