is there a real thing a work at home? everytime i try to find something, they tell me i have to pay for something first. does anyone have any ideas? im a new mom and this lifestyle is new to me. please help!

any real thing on the internet? not selling stuff, more like a bookkeeping? or survey? something

Asked by missk42330 at 9:14 AM on Jun. 30, 2008 in Money & Work

• I work for westat and I work from home. I have been with them for a while now and I can say this, its great. its a job. Not a biz opp. I know they are hiring and you dont pay them anything to work for them. They pay you a regular w-2 wage. THis link will take you to their application to work from home. YOu can check the company out at their website

Answer by dunkley4 at 11:18 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• There's got to be...seeing there are so many scams. It's just the scams make finding the real stuff hard. If they ask for money then don't do it. If they want your name/number before really telling you about the job then don't do it.

I've been looking to and will continue to look until I find something. I figure there's just got to be something.... :) Good luck to you as well.

Answer by SAHMinIL at 9:22 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• There are MANY scams out there and I'll admit I fell for a few. :( I am finally with a rock solid company that has been around for 16 years and is debt free! It's a great opportunity if you want to take a look!

Good luck!

Answer by coughburp at 10:18 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• I've been looking for something too. I used to sell Avon which is great and it only cost $10.00 to sign up. I don't sell it now bc i just moved to a new town and don't know anybody. You can also get a lot of money for signing people up. I moved up pretty quick by talking my friends into signing up ... you make money off of what they sell. You arn't expected to sell a certain amount. It's great ... you should look into it.

Answer by kinzleysmommy at 10:52 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• What your looking for is a WAH Job. You are still employed traditionally, you just get to do all the work at home instead of in an office. They are out there but hard to find. Check reputable sites like and Legit WAH Jobs never require startup fees. If it says WAH Business opportunity that will require startup fees since you will have your own business, not employment. These two get confused alot!

Answer by SensualScents at 11:48 AM on Jun. 30, 2008