owe 2.25 for a cheese sandwich???

my child recives free lunch and it was time to renew. it was due monday and i mailed it last thursday. today is wed and my child came home with a note saying i owe 2.25 for a water and a chesse sandwich,which was not an option to choose from today they had ckn nuggets and fish sticks schoul i be so angry that my chilld didn't have a hot lunch and i'm still being charged for itwhat about the kids that school is their only hot meal??? i am livid???should i be???

lindnrenn

Asked by lindnrenn at 6:30 PM on Oct. 8, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Yes cause even if they get free lunch for the school year and it was submitted late you shouldn't owe anything at all. The same thing happened to us and they refunded us the money we paid in the begining of the year. So you should talk to the lunchroom personal and see if this applies.
    awife1life3kids

Answer by awife1life3kids at 6:38 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I wouldn't complain if I only owed $2.

But that's just me, I don't sweat the small stuff :) You may have every right to be livid.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 6:48 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• it's not about oweing money.... it's about the fact that they wouldn't let him have a regular lunch like everyone else
    lindnrenn

Answer by lindnrenn at 6:55 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• This is the second year we've had to pay full price for school lunches. $6.00 a day for my 2 kids!! We are just barely over the cut off for reduced. I can't afford it. I'm always behind and if I don't have anything to send them with they feed my kids PB & J. They don't seem to care about the families that don't recieve aid because they can't qualify for it, but are struggling to make it like everyone else.
    bearcat84

Answer by bearcat84 at 7:11 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• is that what your child ate? maybe they charged him for a sandwich meal and actually gave him a hot meal because the sandwich was cheaper? i think it's kinda crappy that they didn't give him milk instead of water and that price does seem pretty damn high for a cheese sandwich. you can buy a pack of cheese and loaf of bread for that.
    Tarable525

Answer by Tarable525 at 1:45 AM on Oct. 9, 2008