what causes high blood pressure while pregnant

im 35 weeks pregnant and to day when i had my appointment the dr said my blood pressure was 130/110. he didnt seem to worried about it he just told me to keep an eye on it and if it gets high to come back in. what cause blood pressure to get high like this?

mom-to-be21

Asked by mom-to-be21 at 6:32 PM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Pregnancy

• stress thats what causes mine just take a deep breathe and just have like a quite time for you .. you should be fine
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 6:33 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• no i had that, stress my ass it is called preclamcia (google it) watch for swelling and water gain, cause me to have an emergency c section. it is dangerous when it is 200 on top or 100 on the bottom, you can have a stroke if it gets that high, they will put ya on bed restif that happens, good luck, pm me if you need any more info@!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 6:46 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• i am really amazed they sent you home with the bottom number 110, i would call your fam doc or somewhere to get another opinion. some surgeons (ob's) are really set in ways of thinking, can be dangerous too!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 6:47 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• no need to be rude i said for me its what it is and if her dr thought it was that they wouldnt had told her to not worry
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 6:48 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• it could be stress but i had preclamsia as well and they had to do a em c setion on me too at 34 weeks, if your doc thinks its okay then i wouldnt worry because if there wasnt a high number of protien in your pee then dont worry because in order to have preclamsia you have to have both
    rhettsmommy4eva

Answer by rhettsmommy4eva at 10:13 PM on Oct. 8, 2008