Do you think this is tacky ?

Do you think it is tackey to wear a light dress to go swimming , instead of a bathing suit? ! hate bathing suits. I look better in a dress........

emilysmom1966

Asked by emilysmom1966 at 2:39 PM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• How about a bathing suit with a dress like cover up? Where are you talking about swimming at?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:41 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• yeah I think its a bit tacky, but its your life, lol, you can do what you wish. There are great cuts and swim dresses out there to choose from. and if you spend the extra money and get one at like Macys, you can wear it for years and it still looks great.
    -crunchy-mama-

Answer by -crunchy-mama- at 2:41 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• If you think you'd feel ok, I myself wouldn't do it. Maybe a pair of shorts and top if need be, but not a dress. I myself HATE a bathing suit, haven't been in one in years, but I miss all the fun too.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 2:41 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• swimming and a dress are nit a very good combination, it will look like a rag once you get it wet, they are not designed for swimming.

Answer by older at 2:42 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• They sell bathing suits with skirts that look like a little dress but it is bathing suit material otherwise you'll end up looking soggy and everything will show through. Unless you are in your own swimming pool then who cares? I swim in a t-shirt & shorts sometimes in my pool, but in Public I wear a bathing suit.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:45 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I went to North beach in Fort larderdal and I wore a light sundress made of cotton. It covered my very big butt and cottage cheese thigh. I much rather see somone my size wear a cute sun dress than a bthing suit that shows what you had for luch ast week! LOL!
    emilysmom1966

Comment by emilysmom1966 (original poster) at 2:46 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Have you checked into whether they sell bathing suits designed to look like dresses? That way you still get to wear a "dress", and the material is made for swimming. :)
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 2:46 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Those skirt bathing suits dont cover enough. Believe me, if I had the body I would go to a nude beach.
    emilysmom1966

Comment by emilysmom1966 (original poster) at 2:47 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• It's less tacky than the t-shirt I swim in lol. I'm not comfortable in bathing suits either, and I think the bathing suit "dresses" are tacky too.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 2:50 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I dont think a dress would be your best option unless you have a swimming suit under neath
    young_teen_momm

Answer by young_teen_momm at 2:51 PM on Aug. 22, 2010