Help! Everytime I go to work my 15 week old will not stop screaming?

My son is 15 weeks old and breast fed. He is the best baby when I'm home. He laughs, smiles, coos and caas, puts himself to sleep, sleeps great, plays in exersaucer, plays with toys, etc. I work long weekend shifts. I go to work Sat from 7a-9p, Sun 9a-9p and Mon 6a-9a and 3p-8p. He does ok on Mondays. My problem is on the Sat and Sun. I leave him at home with his daddy and 4yr old brother. Sometimes he goes to his grandparents and has the same issue. He tends to non stop cry and scream constant, to the point of red swollen eyes and will not even sleep. Maybe 10 minutes at a time then starts crying again. He's fed my breastmilk from a bottle in which he has no problem. They check over all the obvious signs, diaper change, cold, hot, hungry, snuggle, noise, stimulation, etc. Everythings a check. They can never figure out whats wrong. It frustrates them along with myself, beings I get texts and calls at work. Please help! Ideas?

mamasbboy

Asked by mamasbboy at 2:46 PM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• He'll adjust. He spent all those months in a warm and cozy womb with your heartbeat lulling him to a sense of security. Then he's had you at home after the birth making him feel loved, safe and secure. It's just separation anxiety. He'll adjust. He's just worried you left him. Once he gets used to your routine he'll be fine.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:50 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I've been back to work for four weekends now. I thought seperation anxiety doesnt come until around 6months? How do I get his father less frustrated or help get my baby to stop crying for them? This cant be healthy for them to feel this way?
    mamasbboy

Comment by mamasbboy (original poster) at 2:53 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Will Daddy wear him in a sling with a shirt that you slept in on his shoulder? That may help.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 2:54 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I can try that. He has given him a shirt of mine before and it didnt help but maybe with the sling it will. Thanks ill try anything
    mamasbboy

Comment by mamasbboy (original poster) at 3:07 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Can you see him during your lunch break or is the commute too far? Its the long separation -- breaking it up may help.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 4:36 PM on Aug. 22, 2010