Knotty Pine?

What is everyones opinion of knotty pine kitchen cabinets and wall paneling? I'm thinking about buying a house and I love vintage design from the 50's and 60's. My mom told me no one likes knotty pine because it's ugly and out of style. It wouldn't influence my decision in what I buy, I'm just curious of what everyone thinks.

FroggyFeet

Asked by FroggyFeet at 2:53 PM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I love it! I love a Vintage Country Cottage Look!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:59 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• both,no. I can see one or the other,but stain it a medium shade

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:01 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I think if you're going for a country style kitchen I think it would look great with the right cut and hardware. I'm not a fan of wood paneling of any kind though. But that's just me.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 3:02 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I'd do knotty pine cabinets in a natural shade with tiled walls....no wood paneling.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 3:57 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• The cabinets would be fine, but full wall paneling is out of date. HOWEVER, if you did a "half wall" paneling on the lower half of your walls with chair rail and either paint or wallpaper the upper half, you could achieve a pretty country look without looking outdated.

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:50 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• sounds good to me.its ur home and you have to look @ it daily so pick what you like.gl
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 7:20 PM on Aug. 23, 2010