What helps your kids get to sleep at night/naptime?

What is the best way for your child/baby to fall asleep at night/naptime? Do you sing to/rock them? Do they have special blankies? Do they prefer to fall asleep all on their own?

Kword

Asked by Kword at 2:54 PM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• beer

My oldest is 26. Sorry, couldn't help myself.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 3:23 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• a long walk outside followed by a warm bath.
    emilysmom1966

Answer by emilysmom1966 at 2:56 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• my DD is almost 3. We have a routine. Brush teeth (yes even at nap time), read for 20 minutes, sing our song, say a prayer, hugs & kisses, then its time to sleep.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 2:56 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• My twins are 13 mos old. At different ages they went to bed in different ways. Up to 4-5 mos I fed them a bottle or breastfeed to sleep, then laid them in bed. After that I would rock them and breastfeed (up to about 9 months), I'd lay them down still awake but really tired after eating. I wanted to get them used to being in bed and falling asleep that way. Then I started them going to bed alone with a bottle. They'd fall asleep that way alone. At 12 months I took bottles away. I started giving them bears to sleep with that play songs and light up at night. It only took a few night and they started going to bed without bottle. Now I just lay them down, gives lots of kisses and walk out of the room. They both go to sleep alone now. I feel like I worked really hard to get them to that point. I knew the day they were born that my goal was to have them fall asleep alone by 12 months.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 6:43 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• White noise. He's 2 but ever since he was born white noise has helped soothe him to sleep so we always leave the radio clock on static lol.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 3:00 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• My 19 month old has to have her big brown bear at naptime to help her fall asleep! She also watches cartoons at naptime til she falls asleep! At bedtime, she has a gloworm that she plays with until she falls asleep!!
    Mommy-In-Bama

Answer by Mommy-In-Bama at 3:03 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I lay them in bed, cover them up, and give them their bottle/sippy.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:43 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• My 4 year old likes to watch a show on sprout then read a book. My 1 year old still likes a sippy of warm milk and being rocked.
    hdb

Answer by hdb at 4:04 PM on Aug. 22, 2010