Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

Ladies I need your help. ASAP.

Hi. My really good friend had her dd at 19 and the little girl is now 6. While my friend finished college she gave custody to her parents so that the little girl could have insurance. Well shes had her back for almost 2 years now. But the custoday agreement hasn't gone thru yet. Shes is divored from her husband, and my friends parents said that they didn't want their granddaughter staying the night over there but my friend let her. The grandparents just came down and took the litte girl and said she is living with them until further notice. What can I do to help my friend and how can she get her dd back?
My friend is a teacher and has a very good job and health insurance now.
She wants her back ASAP but doesn't have money for a good lawyer please help me, help her.

Answer Question

Asked by Nessasmomma at 3:02 PM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Relationships

Level 6 (102 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • She's got to go back to court. Maybe the ex husband can help her pay for a lawyer so he gets to maintain his rights, too.

    Answer by lovinangels at 3:04 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

  • She can only get her back by going to court. There isn't any way around it. She can talk to the court about getting a lawyer through the court and/or having fees waved, but that might not help much. She has no legal custody over her daughter, so she cannot say what happens to her at this time. Therefore, if she wants custody she needs to go to the court and file for custody.

    Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:39 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

  • That's sad but she will have to get a lawyer and go to court.

    Answer by itsmesteph11 at 7:19 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.