Charlie St. Cloud and The Last Song: books vs movies

So I just read Charlie St Cloud and The Last Song this week. Now I'm ready to see the movies. I'm just curious how the movies compare to novels. I LOVED the books by the way. That Nicholas Sparks always busts out the best stories.

bootsky

Asked by bootsky at 3:13 PM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Entertainment

• I love Nicholas Sparks. Have read all his books and the movies jusst aren't the same. They are good but I feel like that in the latest movies, Dear Jonh and The Last Song so much was missing. Just from the commericals you can tell that Miley Cryus is not protrayed like how Nichlas Sparks described Ronnie in the last song. I have not read or seen Charlie St. Cloud though.
    MelSwim7

Answer by MelSwim7 at 3:15 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Mel, You'll love Charlie St Cloud. It felt like I was reading a nicholas sparks book because it had all his normal ingredients: Ocean, small east-coast town, independent thinking woman, and of course a nice dose of romance :)
    bootsky

Comment by bootsky (original poster) at 3:18 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I havent seen The Last Song but of course loved the book. Of course with any movie from book they change some things but with Charlie St Cloud they didnt change too much on it and it was a great book and movie. Even my 12yr loved the movie and is in the process of reading the book.
    momto3infl

Answer by momto3infl at 7:55 PM on Aug. 22, 2010