Does your DIL or SIL favor one of the kids?

My SIL thinks his only son( now 7 w/a twin ) and he has 3 girls also, works on water, so does his Mother. He is the type of child you love him, he's cute as a button, but boy can he get on everybodys elses nerves because they do not know how to say the word "NO". My DD tries her best to undo what they do, but two againts one she's fighting a loosing battle , boy is it going to bite him in the A - - . They drive everybody else crazy with what they are doing to this little guy, and we can only sit back and pray he'll change as he grows.

MyAngel003

Asked by MyAngel003 at 3:23 PM on Aug. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• My mother did this to my oldest son. It drives me bat s**t crazy. It would take me weeks to undo what she did in a weekend. I finally had to tell her I wasn't going to bring him around until she started treating all of her grandchildren equally. The finally straw on the camel was 2 years ago at Christmas. My oldest had tons of wrapped presents and was given $100 bill. My other son and my sisters kids were handed a gift bag with non-wrapped dollar store toys. We have always told are kids that it is the thought that counts not the cost, but seriously! What a crock of horse dung. My youngest was told for 3 years that he could stay the night next weekend. He finally told my mom she was a liar cause next weekend never comes and his brother got to stay whenever he wanted. It was very rewarding seeing her realize the other kids were catching on. Maybe your SIL needs a family "time out" and talking to.
    babyboyzz

Answer by babyboyzz at 11:51 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• My Sil is a Mommies boy himself & drives us all crazy too, it has caused many arguments in his marriage.The twin sister is staring to realize he is favored and mentions it, but she know she can't tell her Dad. We say they are creating a Monster and 1 day it will explode in their faces. If she goes to the extreme as your MIL I know my DD will have words with her, bec my SIL won't. Thanks for the response, didn't seem to be a good question I guess you were the only oneto respond, so you get tall the points.
    MyAngel003

Comment by MyAngel003 (original poster) at 11:56 AM on Aug. 23, 2010