laser eye surgery has anyone had it

so i have been thinking about getting the laser eye surgery. little bit scared though. what are the pros and cons about it?

natasha86

Asked by natasha86 at 3:24 PM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Health

• My uncle did and he said his vision is worse now than it ever was before...
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 4:19 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• my husband did it and it was great for him... he did the PRK procedure because he's in the army (as opposed to lasik)... it was a slightly longer healing time but its supposed to maintain the structure of your eye better.
    his vision is 20/20 still after 4 years (it was better than 20/20 at first actually)
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 4:28 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• i have had that done to my eyes before.it was when i was 5 and 15.its not all to bad.but not a lot of fun etiher
    ladybug36519

Answer by ladybug36519 at 10:02 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• my mother in law did and she loves it
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 12:53 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• My SIL got it about 10 years ago with lifetime free adjustments. Ever 3 years she gets it done again. Dosnt sound good to me. I wouldnt get it because there are NO long term studys on the side effects of it. What if after 30 years you go blind from having it? Id rather wear glasses. I guess it depends on how bad your eyes are to begin with on how well it turns out or dosnt.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:36 PM on Aug. 23, 2010