What activities do you do with your children to spend time with them and show them attention?

We like to play board games, read books, play the wii, go to the park, play soccer, baseball, and football... We will start taking them to fun town (local arcade with go carts and tons of other stuff) once a month as long as their grades and attitudes are up to par...

SWEETPEAS3MOM

Asked by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 3:59 PM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• church, games, park, arts and crafts, seasonal things, holiday fun, I am PTO (unpaid PTA) for their schools (military) and I am there 3-4 days a week, and participate in ALL school activities! We also garden, and volunteer!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 12:21 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• When my girls were younger I didn't have the health problems I do now so they got the best of me and we were very active. now it is just me and my 5 yr old and cannot move as fast so we don't really go to the park or the beach like I would have done in the past so we just read, do board games, he likes to create his own games so I spend time letting him teach me his newest games. We do alot of talking but I also tickle him alot and we tell jokes, he has his wii but I'm not allowed to play it because "his games aren't for girls" he tells me. We do go camping and fishing and make up stories around the campfire. He helps me with grocery shopping and I make it a game. I have to be creative this time around because I can't run outside and play soccer, basketball or ride bikes like I did before.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 4:12 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• We too play board games, read books, go to amusement/water parks, the beach, ice skating, swimming, play soccer, take karate lessons, play baseball, plus we do homework together every night (even weekends and summers!)--centering all of our family activities and special events around their interests and ability levels.

I am also involved in the PTA, so I'm always popping into school--especially around the holidays--and have established good relationships with teachers and administrators. And because our children have special needs, we take them all over to their various therapy appointments, openly discuss their progress with their therapists, and are constantly addressing their issues, because we want to maximize their development.

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:19 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• We play board games, game system games, card games, we play outside, go to the park, My DD and I do one anothers nails, we watch movies as a family, we color together.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 4:27 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• i color with them and do easy crafts. read .paly games and watch nick jr .they learn alot on nick jr. its a great channel for youngs children
    sissybartkus

Answer by sissybartkus at 4:31 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• We love to go to the orchard. We pick strawberries, blueberries, peaches, apples and pumpkins. Each season brings something new. My kids really enjoy this. We also bake and decorate cookies together. Tons of things. I think my favorite is just snuggling in bed and talking about anything and everything before going to sleep.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:24 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Absolutely anything, even if it is skipping rocks across a pond or watching a sun set - they grow up so fast and and embark on lives of their own.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:54 PM on Aug. 23, 2010