Why do guys...........

Or shall I say some guys find excuses for not getting married. My BF has a ton of excuses like he has to work on making more money, he wants to get to know me more (Let me just state that we have been together almost 5 years!), marriage is a big step, or he wants to get to know my family. He talks about moving in together, but the marriage excuses is the problem. By him making excuses, does that mean he may not want to marry me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:03 PM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• if he hasn't asked you within 5 years of being together,I wouldn't be expecting a proposal ever. Nope,he doesn't want to marry you. I'm sorry hon. :(

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:05 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Maybe he does and he just isn't where he needs to be yet. I am the one who does not want to get married maybe you should sit him down and just ask him say hey are going to get married just ask him outright.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:06 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Never had that problem 21 + years of wedded bliss here.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 4:10 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• i'm going through the same dilemma he says he wants to do all this stuff before we get married. then he says why do i need a little piece of paper to prove that i love you and want to be with you. he has a point with that one
    natasha86

Answer by natasha86 at 4:10 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• U know the saying (why buy the cow when u r getting the milk for free) no offense. In other words,if u r having sex with him already then,why get married. message me we'll talk.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 4:13 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• 5 Years is a long time. Of course he wants to move in with you before marriage, that way if there is a break up it wont cost him a thing, if he meets someone else he dosent have to go to the courthouse. I think after 5 years he knows exactly who you are, and knows your family. Now the ball is in your court decide if just living with him will be enough for you if it is great if not then you need to make some decesions.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 4:15 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Stop everything you are doing with him for a while then see where his attitude change.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 4:17 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• One of my co-workers husband warned me about guys... never move in witha guy unless your married. I would also add don't have sex with the guy unless your married as well.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 4:21 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• i think you need to talk to him maybe like you say its a big step he might think that things will change after you guys get married. me n my bf have talked about beign married he wants to get married but i dont really want to i love him with all my heart an di knwo he is the one we have been best friends since kinder garden and we just both know we are the one for each other we have 2 wonderfull children adn we live together but we talked and came to aconclusion that marrige is just not in the picture right now we are doing so much more right nowim in school adn the kids and his working and the kids and us so we just dont want to over stress ourselves right now. so you need to see how he thinks maybe he just doesnt believe in marrige and thinks his good as is. maybe you guys can ust move in together or something. but you need to talk to him and make sure you are not demanding to get married
    Alejandra10

Answer by Alejandra10 at 4:23 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• It's not you sweetie.It sounds like he gets cold feet whenever the matter of the subject comes up.Give him time.& then if it starts to be a ridiculis time to figure out what he wants,I'd have to get him out of my life.Good luck!!! : )
    bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 4:27 PM on Aug. 22, 2010