My 2 old daughter says ssshhhh when she is in trouble! HELP

I have no idea where my 2 year old picked this up, My older two have never done this but when I am telling my 2 year old daguther , Jadyn no or something she doesn't want to hear she replies and says "ssshhhh".

Like if I tell her to get off the table, SHe looks at me and puts her finger to her mouth and says.."Sssshhh mommy", at first it was cute and took me by surprise because she has been doing this for a couple of months and she will be two on 11/2, I thought at first wow, she is smart but now it is drivingme nuts and I have to put a stop to it but nothing is working. Any ideas!!

Ani ideas or suggestions would be greatly apprecaited,this one has me stumped. I have 2 older children 14 and 10 , I do not beleive they did this at all!
THanks for your help!!

jadynsmommy112

Asked by jadynsmommy112 at 7:01 PM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It's classic 2-year-old. By the way, my daughter at that age used to burst into tears. Then I realized that we were afraid to correct her because she was so sensitive. Then, I got wise. Since it worked, she kept doing it. We needed to toughen up. Recognize this for what it is...(sorry) manipulation. As long as it works, she'll keep doing it...it's human nature. Funny, but once we stopped letting the tears affect us, she stopped using that strategy!
    WD40

Answer by WD40 at 7:06 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• why would you get mad for her saying "Shhh"?
    I would understand if she told you to shut up or cussed at you or something but why that?
    mamaxkitty

Answer by mamaxkitty at 7:06 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Sounds like somebody else has set the example when she has seen them do something they shouldn't. Better let the other two know you are on to one of them at least. I wouldn't punish her, just explain you do not like your daughter telling you to shush. She will grow out of it when she realizes it doesn't make sense or she will let you in on where it came from.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 7:45 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• What's the big deal? Just ignore it. She''ll stop eventually.
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 8:19 PM on Oct. 8, 2008