Do you think we need a "Blended Family" category for these questions?

Being a part of a blended family is extremely common these days and it doesn't fall into the "General Parenting" category.

If you are in a blended family, then you know we have a very individualized set of issues, not related to general parenting....custody, visitation, child support, court orders, court appearances, special emotions related to our situation, stepkids, step parents, bio parents, school/extra curricular activity issues, lawyers, etc

Why doesn't Cafemom have a blended family category???

texassahm

Asked by texassahm at 4:22 PM on Aug. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• good point, you should request one :)
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 4:23 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• That's a good idea!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:24 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• That is a good question. I think you should request one as well.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 4:24 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• That is really a good idea! you should ask the powers that be at cafemom about it
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 4:24 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• It makes sense to me. I would also like to see a section of grieving, loss or depression.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:24 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I sent them a suggestion about it a long time ago and they said that blended family issues would fall under general parenting....Which is odd to me since the owners of Cafemom (Andrew Shue) and his ex-wife are a part of a blended family. I think both of them are remarried. They - of all people - should know the special circumstances that surround blended families and our issues.
    texassahm

Comment by texassahm (original poster) at 4:27 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Maybe if a WHOLE BUNCH OF US send requests for a blended family forum they will take it into serious consideration...let's all email them!
    texassahm

Comment by texassahm (original poster) at 4:28 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I see both sides. It is general parenting to an extent and it might be nice to get an outsiders view on things. A lot of people even if there family isn't blended it is almost guaranteed they know one or are related to one. On the other hand there are questions people may be more comfortable posting in a specialized section I know a lot of moms would like to see a special needs section rather than posting under kids health also.... Then back to the other hand, if you keep adding sub groups we could have 3 pages of Q sections...SO I guess that is where groups and message boards/chats some in handy. I dunno, I'm on the fence.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:32 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Oh, I think it would be great to have a special needs section - there is a difference between asking a question about strep throat and chicken pox, and asking a question about a mental or phsysical disability. There's just no comparison.

I just sent a message to the Cafemom Team about the Blended Family category, I think you should send one to them about the special needs category too.

Maybe we should get together a sort of Cafemom petition - Petition moms who support your category to send an email to the Cafemom team requesting such a category.
    texassahm

Comment by texassahm (original poster) at 4:42 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I think that is a wonderful idea!!!
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 4:42 PM on Aug. 22, 2010