Fibromyalgia

I was just wondering what others who have Fibromyalgia take for their pain. Lyrica doesn't seem to work a great deal for me. I know that there are different treatements and I was wondering what you take that helps with the pain/headaches/etc.

hsmominky

Asked by hsmominky at 4:23 PM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Health

• I have had Fibromyalgia for about 10 years....I have tried everything under the sun with hardly any succuss. Lyrica, Cymbalta, Effexor all made me awful sick with no pay off....I have been living on muscles relaxers and asprin or advil for the longest time cause it's the only thing that mildly work....and I mean mildly. I have headaches that go away for a short period of time with asprin nd come back as soon as it's done. I have learned over the last year of trying that there is no miricle pill and that most docs don't know a whole lot about it and don't know how to fix it. It's a long hard road just make sure your getting good sleep, That's key, and rest when you need to. you know your own limits don't exceed them and you'll start feeling a little bit better.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 4:31 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• my mom has fibro and she really hasnt found much that works. reflexology works some. she atkes a pain blocker that works sometimes. shes been struggling with this for 10 years and nothing really works for any extended time period.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 4:31 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I have actually cried about the fact that I'm in such bad shape sometimes and people just look at me like I'm some POS....Get over it your just a big baby. There are foundations that raise money for research, I have been recently looking into trying to do some good with all the hell I live with. My DH tries to be as supportive as possible but even he has a hard time understanding how someone can be in so many different pains at any given time. And what worse when someone like hugs you too hard or pokes at you and you shrill in pain and they look at you like your a moron because how the hell could that possibly hurt....
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 4:37 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• have you tried an anti inflammatory diet?
    do you eat all of the good fats and NONE of the bad ones?
    have you tried a chiropractor?
    have you googled natural remedies for fibromyalgia?
    good luck ladies! i wish you the best of health.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:44 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• That is what I have found as well. Fibro is something that definately needs more research and better treatment options. When you have it, it is miserable and other people just do not understand if they do not have it.
    hsmominky

Comment by hsmominky (original poster) at 4:32 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• My Aunt has it. She can't take the Lyrica because it makes her so dizzy she can't stand. They tried Cymbalta and for whatever reason it seems to have helped with a lot of her pain. The Dr. really isn't sure why, but it's working for her. She also has numerous bean bag type 'pillows that also have herbs in them. She can freeze them or heat them for comfort. They help some as well. She also has a script for Ultram for break through pain.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:35 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I have found a natural company that I purchase all my nutritional supplements as well as a wonderful pain relieving rub - I looked up Fibromyalgia in my information book and found some great suggestions - I would be happy to send you the info (I would provide it here - but its about 2 pages and I don't want to take the time unless I know that you are interested in getting the info) I hope to hear from you. Take care :)
    Dew1

Answer by Dew1 at 8:11 PM on Aug. 22, 2010