would you be pissed?

so today is my 4 year olds birthday party adn we have all 5 kids here right now, so my husband gets a beep on his walkie talkie phone and its his friend saying "do you need me to come get you or are you going to meet me over there" and im like what are you doing. he says hes going to go jam (him and his friends have a band) and i got mad. he says why do i get mad because he wants to go play his guitar? because i have to hear it from his friend when hes ready to come get him instead of him talking to me, not to mention he waits till the days when we have all 5 kids and its one of their birthdays. whats not to get? so hes pissed at me because he thinks i have no right to be mad. what do oyu think?

cassie_m

Asked by cassie_m at 4:25 PM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• Yes, that would piss me off too. Its not about him going to "jam" its about filling you in before hand. Especially if you are having a family party.
    dustinsmom1

Answer by dustinsmom1 at 7:59 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• So its one of the kid's birthday and instead of staying at the birthday party where there are five other kids he would rather leave and go jam? Since I dont like birthday parties especially my kids' party I would be angry that I couldnt go with him! And even angrier that he thought that HE could get out of it and not take me! LOL

35yoamom

Answer by 35yoamom at 4:31 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• So, his little plans are more important, huh? I'd be pissed, too. See, my hubby and I have this arrangement. I don't work, he does. He's in the Army, he puts up with lots of shit, that he hates. People he hates, and he does because he has to. He would have gotten out a long time ago if not for having us to provide for. He does what he's got to do. I respect that. I also respect that he's GOT to have his "ME" time. Most of the guys he knows, they don't get that "ME" time. He does. Here's our arrangement. He gets it AS LONG AS HE'S HERE WHEN I NEED HIM. At our last duty station he'd be gone all day Sat and Sun. I was fine with that. I knew where he was, what he was doing. If I needed him, he was home.
    Your hubby shouldn't have done that. This was HIS kids birthday party, too. He was being a jerk. I understand his need to 'jam'. But come on. Like he couldn't go after the party? Or play, um, for the party? Kids love that.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 5:10 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• You have every right in the world to be mad. That's very disrespectful to you and the kids.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:27 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I would be totally pissed too.
    dawnmarie70535

Answer by dawnmarie70535 at 4:32 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I would be upset, its a childs birthday, he should be there & he should have had enough sense to talk to you about it first.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 4:33 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Honestly I would tell him that I really needed him to stay until the party was over. Then I would let him go without any argument. Then when he got back... no nooky for a week.
    35yoamom

Answer by 35yoamom at 4:33 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• so he's leaving your kids b-day to hang with his band? yeah, I'd be pissed... b-days are a big deal to me
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 5:00 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I'd tell him he needs to keep his butt there until after the party is over. That this of for the CHILD!!!
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 5:02 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• He sounds like a horrible father.
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 5:04 PM on Aug. 22, 2010