Are you ever ready for another child??

My hubby and I are trying for a child We have two children but one is mine from a previous relationship and the other is his, although I raise them both as my own. We've been together 7 years and married 2.5. We've been waiting for the "right time" to try and we are now because I've completed school and have been working as a RN for 1 yr. he's got a decent job. We've bought a beautiful home. But we never have enough money. Bills are always due. The economy is failing. I guess I'm feeling a little ambivilant. We both want to have a child together so bad., but I'm worried that when (if) the baby comes we won't be able to afford it. I guess I just needed to vent. Today I feel like this tomorrow I will feel completely confident in our choice. Am I going crazy??

bearcat84

Asked by bearcat84 at 7:07 PM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• My mom always told me, "If you wait until you think you can afford a baby, you'll never have one!" When she was pregnant with me, she worried about money, but they found a way to make ends meet and everything was fine. When she got pregnant with my sister, she did the same thing, but again she worked everything out and it was fine. I thought the same thing when I was pregnant with my daughter, but everything turned out fine. So I understand what you're thinking, but I agree with my mom so I don't stress over it!
    WadeMom313

Answer by WadeMom313 at 8:29 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Nope, not crazy. Financially, we have never been ready, but we always find a way to pull through and afford what we need. It did take us 4 years though to be ready emotionally for a second child.
    Ilovepie77

Answer by Ilovepie77 at 7:13 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• No you are not crazy, I am going through the same thing. We are doing the thing if it happens it happens. I want him here for the baby's birth and if we wait we will be out of debt but he would be in Iraq when the baby was born. I would rather be out of debt with him and the baby here especially since it is our first.
    Sims8386

Answer by Sims8386 at 7:18 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I always believe that if God wants you to have something..no matter what else is going on around you you will have it...You cant wait always for finances to be in order etc..or u will be well into your ages and then its like well whats the point now....I say go for it and the rest will fall into place :) Good Luck!
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 9:20 PM on Oct. 8, 2008