• In the Spotlight:

What is the difference... adult content

between a male orgasm and when a male cums? Is there a difference?

noahsmommy12908

Asked by noahsmommy12908 at 4:40 PM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• To me, there is a difference (& my hubs says lol) .. Some men can learn to control themselves, so that they do not "cum"/physically ejaculate but still have the pleasure sensations of orgasm so that they last longer during intercourse.

Just like some women can orgasm without ejaculating and other women orgasm & ejaculate.

To me orgasm is more involved than just the physical release of ejaculation (both male and female). Orgasms contain more sensation/feeling and it takes more than just physical mechanics of sex in order to have a true orgasm. A physical release/ejaculation, yeah you can get that from just the physical mechanics of sex. But a true, toe curling, orgasms involve more components than that. Usually things like: mental connection & mental stimulation, emotional connection & emotional stimulation, along with the physical mechanics are what it takes to have orgasms along with the physical release of ejaculation.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:45 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I thought it was one in the same. I dont believe a male can come without an orgasm
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:41 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I always thought it was the same thing.

Answer by louise2 at 4:44 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Same thing as far as I know.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 4:45 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• For most men, it is at the same time.
    http://menshealth.about.com/od/sexualhealth/a/male_orgasm.htm
    Yes, men can ejaculate with out an orgasm.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 4:47 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• My Dh says that sometimes it feel just as good, without actually cumming, so I'd say that there is a difference, I'm not sure he'd believe that a man could cum without orgasm though.
    Mom2unangel

Answer by Mom2unangel at 4:49 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• http://www.amazon.com/Multi-Orgasmic-Couple-Sexual-Secrets-Should/dp/0062516140

according to this book they are different... it claims that a man can orgasm without ejaculating and then be able to orgasm again.
    we never tried it though haha
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 4:51 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• My husband can orgasm without ejaculating.. So I asked him how.. This is what he said:

" It's all about: breath control, knowing your own body & it's responses to physical stimluation and recognizing when you are getting close to ejaculating so that you can redirect yourself, understanding your body in order to be able to control the physical response of ejaculation so that you enjoy the pleasure or sensation of orgasm without ejaculating.. it's very tantric.." With emphasis on the " tantric" part...

Can't tell you if that is true for all men. All I know is that it works for him.. And I'm sooooo very glad it does :-)
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:56 PM on Aug. 22, 2010