Realy what is the difference?

I had too ff my two kids.
The first because he was in the nicu and they gave him formula by the time he got out my milk was gone. The 2nd was because my milk didn't come in til she was 3 wks old and she didn't want it then. I plan to try to bf this baby but if i can't its ok. My mom bf all her kids. All 6. My sis's didn't.
What does it really matter. They are still heathy and strong and grow just fine either way. There are kids that are smart wether they a bf or ff.

edgpag

Asked by edgpag at 7:13 PM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Breast milk has a lot of positives for both you and the baby. First for you, it causes your uterus to contract back to norm quicker than anything else. For the baby, it's extremely healthy and will really strengthen your baby's immune system. If you look into what formula is made out of, and google it, you'll see that it's mainly garbage. It's not as healthy as we think.
    SugaB28

Answer by SugaB28 at 7:16 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• do some research!! formula isn't safe or healthy for children....and to top that all off you are made to feed your kids with your breasts!!!
    mamaof2748

Answer by mamaof2748 at 7:17 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• you make a good point. really in the end when they are older, does it really make a difference? who knows.

but with that said, i nursed my babies and i can honestly say that after the hurt and sore nipples and problems with latching on, it was the most fulfilling thing i did with them. it builds such a huge bond that i know ff babies don't get. you just feel so much closer to them.

KristaRene

Answer by KristaRene at 7:21 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I agree tha it is heathy but why do women on here bash mothers that ff. I mean some women like me can't or couldn't at the time. Our kids are still heathy.
    And why is it not "safe or heathy?"
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 7:22 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• i cried when my little girl started to ween herself from breast feeding. i loved it!

Anonymous

• everyone know the benefits of BF and yes everyone agrees its better, but i dont think that gives anyone a right to bash moms who FF. Youre right, babies still do grow great and can be healthy. if you cant do it you cant do it! i think its worse if your stressed out trying to feed them and they wont take it. that causes added stress on you and your baby. so i agree with you, i think if you cant do it then its healthier to create a nurturing loving home rather then freak out all the time about not being able to BF
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 7:30 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• bf is better but i ff my son and he had no problems at all he has allways been happy and healthy and we are really really close.
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 7:32 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• do people not read anything??? Look some info up and quit going along with what other people say.. Google formula ingrediants and read!!! It's filled with crap!!!!
    Anonymous

• Please don't let any mother bash you for formula feeding. Ignor their nasty comments about it. It's rude, mean and wrong if anyone to do that to other people. It is your personal choice whether or not you breastfeed or not. I formula fed every one of my babies because I don't feel comfortable breastfeeding. To this day they are healthier than my nieces who WERE breastfed. They both have asthma and are always sick in the winter months. My kids are healthy as can be! I know that breast milk is the best blah blah blah! But if formula was so darn bad, they'd pull it off the market and force women to breastfeed. Besides, some people can't breastfeed. I know some people who's children were allergic to it, some who didn't make enough milk to feed their babies and some who kept getting infections and had to stop breastfeeding. There's nothing wrong with formula feeding.
    mommabunnyof4

Answer by mommabunnyof4 at 7:38 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Out of the mouths of formula feeders! LOL! Research just a little and you will know why breastmilk is superior in every way. Formula is the 4th best way to feed your child. As the sign at the church down the road says, when there is something better, good is not enough.

Anonymous