Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What to do when the law doesn't help?

So my friend is trying to get his daughter back. She ran away to her mom in which she is not to when there is a restraining order on and this teen already has a warrant for her arrest. This teen has been posting pics on Myspace of her drinking alcohol, her bragging of doing this and that drug, posting pics of her in her underwear, posting pics of her in a towel, bragging of her going down on some guy and having sex calling each other babydaddy and babymama when no baby, taking pics of her and her mom while her mom is driving saying they almost got in an accident laughing about it. Print after print of proof this father does. And the courts and CPS have been for the mom's side. What do you do when it gets this crazy. The mother promotes this behavior rather than think of the risk and just gets away with it. So I ask for help to all you moms out there who I'm sure would dread to see your child act this way. What do you do?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 4:54 PM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

Answers (8)
  • The law cannot help anyone properly raise a child.

    Answer by older at 4:58 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

  • Just because she posted something doesn't make it true. Kids lie about doing things risky to look cool and fit in. If he has custody and she ran away did he call the police? If he knows there is a warrant and knows where she is, believing that danger the cops and tell them the situation. If she is doing thoise things..better in Juvilnile detention than dead.

    Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:01 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

  • were they married? if so its whomever has the teen who has custody so law cannot help

    Answer by Kittty_Katt at 5:27 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

  • The child is old enough to go to court or CPS and tell them that nothing is wrong and she wants to stay with her mother. There is not much that can be done if the teen isn't cooperating. Also, CPS and the law can only go by what they are being told.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:43 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

  • The child is old enough to choose who she wants to live with.

    Answer by SVSASHER at 9:39 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

  • My nephew is the same although his father now has custody because my nephew ended up on probabtion and it was mother that allowed and enabled the behavior - even buying him alcohol and drugs and letting him ditch school. The law will get involved but you have to have facts. If there is a restraining order on the mother then the police can remove the daughter from her home.
    However all that being said, its not going to change this girl or her behavior, not even counseling if she isn't willing to go.
    Once a child becomes a teen its almost too late. My nephew is 16 and he runs away, lies, drinks, smokes, hates my really is sad.

    Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 12:20 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

  • Get a lawyer to see what proof is needed to get the child back but if she's of age then she have a choice of whom to live with unless the dad has full to ur friend

    Answer by mekarevell at 8:25 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

  • bump

    Answer by san78 at 6:21 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.