bullies

if your child is a bully, were you a bully in school? if your child is bullied, were you bullied in school?

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 5:02 PM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My daughter bullies her cousin. They are only 3 months apart in age (20 months and 23 months old) She is the younger of the two. I dont know what it is but I was never a bully in school. Her daddy though was a 'bad boy' in school but never spoke of any bullying on his part. Its weird how they can act so different from how their parents act!
    KrazyKutie

Answer by KrazyKutie at 5:05 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• None of my kids are bullies... My oldest son was bullied, I think it was more like terrorized, for many years in school. It didn't end until his sophomore year. I almost pulled him out of middle school because it got so bad. I remember being pushed around in my early years in high school by the older mean girls. I'm only 5' now, so I was much smaller in school. I did explain to him why kids do it....
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 5:17 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I wasn't really a bully in high school but I was more protective of those who were picked on. I had no problem defending a kid that was getting picked on. I think I got that way because I was bullied in earlier years in a different school district. I take bullying so seriously that I plan doing alot of volunteering in my son's classroom and on the playground. my first daughter was harrassed all through school because of her Asperger's and I wish I could have done more for her. now my son has delays and I am going to be a huge part of his schooling with hopes that will curb any bullying. .
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 5:19 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• my son isnt in school yet. but I was bullied a lot in school. SO was on middle ground.
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 5:27 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I wasn't a bully, or bullied. Hubby was sortof a bully. But he also beat up other bullies. Our kids get bullied though. And I don't stand for it. I have to watch myself, or I will go and bully them, which will get me in trouble. These kids are just NOW in jr high. Except for my daughter, she's going into 3rd grade. I can't stand the thought of my kids being bullied. Any kids, really.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 5:48 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I was both. I got bullied alot when I was in grade school up until I was a freshmen in Highschool. There was a lot going on at home, & everyone knew it & picked on me about it. & then One day I started standing up for myself, which of course got me called a bully.

Im hoping that I can teach John not to mean to others, becuase of the clothes they were, or whatever, & that he can stand of for his self.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 6:19 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• no my kids are not bullies.but yes when i was in shcool their were alot of mean grils
    ladybug36519

Answer by ladybug36519 at 7:15 AM on Aug. 23, 2010