Is this rude to you?

I told my parents we were going out of town yesterday to WV, because my hubby has work to do up there and we would be leaving Monday afternoon. My parents called Today wanting to come over at 1pm, it takes them almost 2 hours to get here and they were planning on staying the night and leaving tomorrow. But, they just kind of pushed it on me in a way with coming over. They decided not to come because my dads knee is messed up. Would you allow family to come over to your house knowing your leaving the next day to go out of town? I have alot to do & I just felt a little over-whelmed at the last minute decision. I start College tomorrow through my local community college, their all online classes but I'm full time and I'm going to be out of town for 3days. I just have alot on me I guess... When my parents are here, they don't help me out with things, I'm usually still picking up after everybody.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:16 PM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• I'd tell them maybe some other time. Its rude to impose on people with that short of a notice.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:18 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Well, it's more inconsiderate than rude I think. I would just explain to them that you have a lot on your plate right now and would love to have a visit when things die down a bit. GL
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 5:19 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I would have just said "Mom I would love to see you but it's really not a good time maybe when we get back from our trip?"
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 5:19 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Sounds over whelming on my behalf. Yes I do think it is rude for anyone coming over before a person leaves out of town.

You have "alot" on your plate right now. Hang in there!

****HUGS****

bmwlover

Answer by bmwlover at 5:25 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Wow, that does seem rather rude to me. What I'm surptised about is they don't pick up after themselves. I have adult children that live over 3 hours away. Every time we visit I always pitch in with the chores and clean up after ourselves. (Hubby is paralyzed so he can't help). I also bring down groceries and paper products because I don't want to be a mooch. The last thing I ever want is to inconvenience my children in any way.
    lizard111

Answer by lizard111 at 5:33 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Its rude, more so since you told them before hand that you were going out of town. I would have very nicely said, We would love to have you, but Im leaving town, soo maybe next weekend?
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 6:12 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• No, its not rude...just as long as you explain it to them appropriately.
    2boimommy

Answer by 2boimommy at 6:59 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Nope, not rude at all to tell them no. What they did, knowing you were leaving the next day was inconsiderate, but at least they called first.

isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 10:01 AM on Aug. 23, 2010