when you already feel gigantic and you still have 12 weeks to go...

I had a dream last night that I went to the Dr and when they weighed me the scale said 400lbs!!!
Plus, my skin already feels tight as a drum... How can I possibly get any bigger than I already am?
What did you do to cope with this feeling???

elizabiza

Asked by elizabiza at 5:30 PM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• LOL! I literally laughed out loud because I KNOW this feeling. When I was pregnant, I just kept gaining and gaining! I wasn't eating unhealthy and I was active, but it wouldn't stop. I gained over 50 lbs! Keep in mind, I'm only 5'5" and my belly was HUGE! I went from about 133 to 185! I measured at 50 cm at 38 weeks, lol! The doctor even told me that it got bigger than most women's, haha! However, within two weeks of having my son, I had lost 37 lbs, and in another week, I had lost a total of 43. I'm still stuck with the last 7 almost a year later, lol. Just remember that a lot of it is fluids, the placenta, and the baby. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 5:35 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Unfortunately there isn't a whole lot you can do about that feeling because you ARE going to get bigger. My whole pregnancy, people were constantly asking me if I was having twins. I would get so pissed off because I wasn't! My son did weigh 8.3lbs but that's not even THAT big. It was the way that I carried him that made me look like all belly. The last 10 weeks I think you are projected to gain about a pound a week...but its mostly the baby packing on weight. Just try and relax as much as you can...keep your feet up and drink lots of water. It'll all be over soon!
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 5:36 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Sweetie, I feel your pain. I am almost 29 weeks and I feel HUGE!!!! I dread getting on the scaale each time I go. I keep reminding myself that it is not like I've just eat and eat and got FAT. There is a baby in there, twice as much blood, fluids and etc.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 5:37 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• And I agree with Loving. You won't believe how much extra fluid is in your body right now! When my water broke it was like a freaking monsoon! LOL Plus your blood volume is doubled. You'll be so surprised how much weight is just from water alone!
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 5:38 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I do know that feeling with my son i gained lots of just baby weight, By the time i was 7mo i could rest my dinner plate on my tummy and it was a perfect balance! My son ended up being 8lbs 2 ozs lol biggie! :) good luck mama
    courtneycra

Answer by courtneycra at 6:32 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I know how u feel girl.. Im 30 weeks this week and who knows how far i have to go .. prob another 9-10 weeks ahhhhhhhhhhh! how in the world could i get any bigger rite!? lol
    Armywifelovely

Answer by Armywifelovely at 7:27 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I'm 29 weeks right now and am convinced I can't get any bigger - I am already the same I was when I delivered my first! I say make a nest with lots of pillows at night, try to keep walking as much as possible, drinks lots of water, put your feet up whenever possible and know you are not alone!
    psugal

Answer by psugal at 9:50 PM on Aug. 22, 2010