my son insists on keeping the bathroom door closed, he insists there's a guy in there, is this just his imagination

I have had weird things happen around here, like a closet door shutting when nobody is in that room or furnichure moved around and nobody was around to move it, voices are heard sometimes, once I had my blankets pulled off me while I was sleeping but nobody was there. well lately my son has been keeping the bathroom door closed because he insists there is a guy in there. Is he just playing around or could there be something to it?

wheresthewayout

Asked by wheresthewayout at 5:38 PM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I agree with sweetpea. I believe in spirits...good and bad, and that kids are more apt to see them and communicate with them. Does he seem afraid? I would ask him more about the guy in the bathroom. Does he talk to him, what does he look like, things like that. I would have booked the hell out of the house once blankets got pulled off of me though. LOL you're brave!
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 5:43 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• March into the bathroom and tell the spirit that this is your house and he/she is not welcome here if it insists on scaring your son. If you're a Christian,tell it to stop in Jesus's name.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:43 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• could be a ghost... I believe in ghosts and I believe kids can see them...
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 5:40 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Say this prayer in your house: In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ I renounce all the workings of Satan in my life in all its forms, whether brought into my life by my actions or by others. I break all attachments, ground, curses, spells, and rights Satan may have in my life whether such ground was gained through my actions or through others. Strengthened by the intercession of the Immaculate Virgin Mary, Mother of God, of Blessed Michael the Archangel, of the Blessed Apostles Peter and Paul, and all the Saints and Angels of Heaven, and powerful in the holy authority of the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, I ask you Lord to command Satan and all his minions, whomever they may be, to get out of my life and stay out. With that authority I now take back the ground in my life gained by Satan through my sins. I reclaim this ground and my life for Christ. I now dedicate myself to the Lord Jesus Christ; I belong to Him alone. Amen.
    flatlanderjenn

Answer by flatlanderjenn at 8:19 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I do believe in spirits, and I don't think an angel of God would be scaring your kid (or you). You didn't mention your religion. I am a Catholic/Christian, so I would command any spirits that are not of God to depart in the name of Jesus and never return. I might even have a priest come and bless the house and throw around some holy water.

Can you think of anything in your home or your life that may be leaving a door open to spiritual harrassment? My aunt gave me a ring once from my great grandmother, whose husband had been involved with the Freemasons. There had been some sort of inscription that was too worn off to read. I was having terrifying dreams that were not ordinary bad dreams. My mom helped me to figure out that the ring could be opening a door, and I destroyed it, then prayed around my house. The dreams stopped immediately.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 9:05 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I don't know, but that gives me the chills just thinking about it. Only you know your child well enough to tell. Does he seem sincere, or actually scared?
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 5:39 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• And you might also try: Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Hosts, thrust into Hell Satan and all the evil spirits who prowl through the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

These prayers are found at http://www.saintpiocenter.org/prayer.asp

flatlanderjenn

Answer by flatlanderjenn at 8:21 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• He doesn't like to show fear or pain, he does go in fast and come out fast like he is creeped out but he would never show he is scared
    wheresthewayout

Comment by wheresthewayout (original poster) at 5:43 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• oh that is creepy ... it's possible that it is a spirit of some kind.
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 5:58 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Its totally creepy...... You could try to burn some Sage in there. Sage is said to clear away spirits....
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 6:07 PM on Aug. 22, 2010