Magic Eraser - What do you use it on?

Once when we were moving, my then 2 yr old daughter got hold of the black permanent marker I was using to label the boxes. When I stepped out of the room for couple of minutes she wrote in the box, the vinyl flooring, the stove, the laminant countertops, and the real wood cabinets. Magic eraser got it all out!

Are there any stains you used Magic Eraser on to get rid of??

texassahm

Asked by texassahm at 5:45 PM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Walls to get crayon off

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:50 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• the bathtub to get that ring off. the cabinets to get the caked on finger prints. the stove to get those burnt on stains. the wall where DH scraped black paint from my old dining set on it (most of it came off, still working on the rest! just about everything!
    MumsTheWord571

Answer by MumsTheWord571 at 5:57 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I forgot that I used it the other day on my entire vinyl floor - it has crevaces in it that I just couldn't get clean with my swiffer - only problem is that it takes the sheen off - So now I have to wax - which may prevent future messes in the crevaces. :)
    texassahm

Comment by texassahm (original poster) at 6:00 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Stuff rocks... I'm still investigating what it is made of.... I really think it is baking soda or borax based.... those are really the only two things that take off crayon in their natural state! LOL...
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 6:02 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Everything =) I LOVE THEM. I love them so much that I went ahead & got the Mr. Cleaner erasers for the bathroom for the between the days I dont scrub the bathroom.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 6:11 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I solved the mystery, check out my post in Home & Garden... its very surprising!
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 6:22 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• too many items to list LOL
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 6:27 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Markings on totes I tend to mark them then I change what's in them, notebooks,walls,sinks, tubs, showers EVERYTHING I can
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:49 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I've used it to get the sticky cooking grease off of the stove and backsplash--no other cleaner really worked to rid it WITHOUT the Magic Eraser--I needed the extra grittiness to scrape nooks and crannies--I like a REALLY clean kitchen! :o)

I also use it to get soap scum and hard water stains off our bathtubs, and shower doors. ALL of the other cleaners I use would leave a film behind, but the Erasers removed all of the haze.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:31 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• When we bought this house it was really nasty. The master bedroom was used as a kennel and our window seat had yuck so thick it had to be scrapped off. The magic erasers were able to get the nasty stuff out of the cracks and off the shelves. I used them to get the weird stains off the walls, the kitchen counters and the kitchen floor (the rest of the house had carpet that we ripped out and threw away).
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:50 PM on Aug. 22, 2010