I made a new rule tonight......

If you're not here for dinner, I'm not saving you any food!

My DD, 17, and my SO are gone at dinnertime A LOT this summer and I'm tired of telling the boys to save them food. So today I inacted this new rule. I told both of them so we will see how it goes!

What are your rules for dinnertime?

Cindy18

Asked by Cindy18 at 5:46 PM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Our rules are simple, scrape your plate before you put it in the sink. If you don't like what I made for dinner find yourself something else (we have a rule that DD11 can only have cereal for two meals a day, she must eat something else at least once a day).
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:53 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• stop throwing it on the floor! (my son is almost 2)
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 5:47 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Good rule!
    Well since mine are 3 and 1 the rules are no throwing or spitting out your food or milk. Also they must take a bite of everything. My 3 year old rule is she either eats what's in front of her or she doesn't eat at all. She use to eat everything and I mean everything till one day she woke up and decided she hated everything so I'm trying to get her to at least try thing again.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:47 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• My rule is you eat what is served for dinner when it is served or nothing at all...
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 5:49 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Don't bite your fork, stop shoveling your food in your mouth, get your elbows off the table, sit up and eat over your plate, the list could go on and on! It seems I have 3 cavemen for children.
    Laura2U

Answer by Laura2U at 7:31 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Eat everything on your plate, or no dessert. My kids are small, 6, 3 and 18 months.
    Courtney610

Answer by Courtney610 at 5:48 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• What you don't eat, the dog will! My son hates seeing the dog getting his food, so he eats as much as he can, then puts it in the dog's bowl himself. (He's 3.) (Yes, I know, dogs shouldn't really eat people food, but we're talking about spoonfuls, not cups!)
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 5:49 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• eat what i fix, or make your own;i'm not fixing different dinners for different people.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:49 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• My rules are eat until satisfied, no need to clean the plate, and I do save dinner for late comers.

Answer by older at 5:50 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I try to make things no one super dislikes. I require that they eat what I make or make themselves a sandwich or they can have a piece fruit.

bookworm23

Answer by bookworm23 at 5:54 PM on Aug. 22, 2010