What do you use to get stains out of clothing and/or carpet?

I use this product called Folex on both clothes and on carpeting - but I have found it very hard to find these days so I have been using Oxy products, which seem to do pretty well, but not as well as Folex.

What do you use and why do you love it?

texassahm

Asked by texassahm at 5:47 PM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Shopping

• on carpet,just my usual all purpose cleaner. On clothes,either Dawn or Pine Sol
    Its just convenient,I wouldn't say I love it

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:49 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Wow! All purpose cleaner on the carpet? And Dawn or Pine Sol on clothes? I have never heard of that before. Where did you get the idea to use those products on those items?
    texassahm

Comment by texassahm (original poster) at 5:51 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• For carpet I use my homemade window cleaner and my bissel steam cleaner. For really tough stains on clothes I pretreat with my husband's industrial hand cleaner.... it even takes out grease stains... the stuff is awesome, then I wash it with my homemade laundry detergent.

WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 5:51 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Oh, and for laundry... you could get yourself a bar of Fels Naptha soap... it is the base of my detergent and it's purpose is to pretreat stains. It is made by the Dial Company for laundry! Its what our grandma's used!
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 5:54 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I use shampoo and dawn for clothing...; I never tried it on the floors, I just might. For floors depending on the stain, I use goo be gone
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 6:09 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Oxy & Resolve
    2boimommy

Answer by 2boimommy at 6:46 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I use Spot Shot on my carpet and clothing stains. That stuff is awesome!
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 6:48 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• i always use oxy clean i love it, it always work specially on my 2 year old clotes they end up so dirty and that actually takes them out
    Alejandra10

Answer by Alejandra10 at 7:23 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I have 3 very active kids and way too many pets :) I can't live without my Sol-U-Mel - works great on carpet, clothes and furniture - and is all natural.
    Dew1

Answer by Dew1 at 7:50 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I use Resolve Max on my clothing, but if that doesn't get a stain out, I then use Greased Lightening. I also use GL on my fiberglass shower & tub because it is AWESOME at getting off the soap scum with hardly any scrubbing! I don't use it on my carpet, though...I use Woolite Oxy Deep which has never let me down (cat puke, kid poop & pee, dirt, etc.).
    LoveOlivia

Answer by LoveOlivia at 8:17 PM on Aug. 22, 2010