• In the Spotlight:

looking at girls asses

my husband told me that he does check out other girls and thinks about how they look good. I know its normal but i feel so mad. I honestly haven't looked at another man that way since we've been married. I guess i was hoping he did the same thing, but of course hes a man and thats what they do best, make us feel like shit. he tells me im pretty but never that IM HOT. why dont men hit on there own wife?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:22 PM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Relationships

• A man typically will call their wives pretty, gorgeous, beautiful. That is a sign he loves you. Saing a woman is hott means nothing...but I know how you feel. I love it when my hubby tells me "you look sooo sexy." Or "Wow, you look so hot in that" but usually he just tells me I am georgeous or beautiful. I know what you mean. It feels good to hear YOU ARE HOTT from your hubby.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 8:10 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• i know exactly how you feel! i jsut had a conversation with my DH about this the other day. the main point i got from it is that it is pretty to be pretty then hot. when a guy sees a girl as "hot" typically they dont respect them. they think of them as a hot piece of ass that would be good to sleep with and nothing else(i doubt your husband wants to sleep with these girls by the way). a pretty woman is someone that they respect and that they can see in multiple ways, physical emotional and personality. i know it doesnt seem like guys think that much (they dont even realize theyre doing it) but thats the general idea of it. so take it as a compliment! your husband respects you, he doesnt respect them
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 7:25 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I would actually rather be called pretty and beautiful than hot, a man calls a woman hot that they could have a one night stand with but the woman he could spend the rest of his life with he will call her beautiful. I think we all feel that it hurts when men look even though we know it's in their nature we just don't need them to confirm it to us.
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 7:25 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I'm sorry you feel slighted. My husband checks out other girls, hell we do it together. No big deal, I am secure in our relationship and I know he won't stray. He does tell me I am beautiful all the time and compliments my bdy although we apparantly see two different things. LOL
    Trust me being called pretty is a lot nicer than being called hot. He probably feels you are ABOVE hot.
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 7:27 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Men looking at girls rears isn't normal, it's a learned behavior. They've chosen to do it and have stuck to it. What's learned can be unlearned. Don't make excuses for disrespect. I have a girlfriend who told me...she looks at men's crotches all the time. Is that normal? I don't think so, why because she's conciously doing it. There was a time also, when I complimented a girls hair color. My hubby then complimented her lips. And when I asked him why, he blamed me. That's what they do, disrespect women every chance they get until they meet the right one, who'll hold him accountable and say....listen, I don't know what you're used to...but you won't be doing that sugar-honey-iced-tea with me!
    SugaB28

Answer by SugaB28 at 7:34 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Oh, and a lot of men don't "hit" on their own wives because if the women develops enough self-esteem where she doesn't "need" his compliments anymore, she may just decide that she's too good for the man she's with. And guess what, your man doesn't want you leaving him for a finer one, lol. Trust me. My hubby used to say....he didn't want me wearing makeup because he didn't want other men in my face. Yep! And that's one of the many reasons why I left him b/c you met me looking beautiful and I'm not going to allow you to bring me down because of your own insecurities. Find someone who's your equal!
    SugaB28

Answer by SugaB28 at 7:37 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• its disrespectful when it hurts the other person or hes thinking about what hey look like under there clothes. of course we have to look, we have eyes but you can look but not actually think anything about them in sexual way.
    Anonymous

• Please Krista, you hush...keep makin excuses and they'll keep given em. We all have our urges and desires, but that doesn't me we succumb to them every chance we get. Some things are just disrespectful...and under appreciating your woman to the point where you're continuously looking at someone else's assets, is a mere lack of discipline. And that's the point of marriage...to put the single tendencies behind you.
    SugaB28

Answer by SugaB28 at 7:40 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• oh my god sugab28 my husband admitted the same thing. he told me i was the type that men second glance and he didn't want me wearing tight clothes or makeup cause he was afraid i would like getting hit on and leave him for another person. i told him i was going to wear makeup and whatever clothes i want as long as i look respectful and if he don't like it then he can go be with a plain jane. he likes it now that i still look good since he came to terms with his jealousy and realized no matter what if someone wants to cheat they will.
    Anonymous

• No Krista, he wasn't....and neither are you...you made this personal btwn you and I and that wasn't necessary. I'm giving my opinion to the young lady who asked of it...from all of us. Don't start attacking me. This isn't about me...or you. And by the way...who says your husband isn't lusting. The point of this post was b/c it made her mad...it's making her mad for a reason...and that's because deep down inside she feels he's giving the other women something she's not getting. Which is a desire to be wanted by her man.
    SugaB28

Answer by SugaB28 at 7:45 PM on Oct. 8, 2008