I live in SW Portland and can't find a baby sitter for date nights and afternoon breaks. I've checked community center postings, Craig's List, and online. Can anyone suggest other resources for me to explore?

KimberleyPDX

Asked by KimberleyPDX at 7:27 PM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• try your local community colleges or colleges. almost all schools have an early childhood education teaching program. and lots of these girls would love to babysit! most schools have either a bulletin board or something where you can post an ad at the school for them to look at. you can also probably get in contact with some of the teachers and have them get in contact with students too!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 7:35 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I would really not go on the ads, ask your neighbors,fellow church members (or temple), or others who they use. I would not go to Craig's list for this.
    hibicent

Answer by hibicent at 7:36 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• nannys4hire.com or maybe its nannysforhire.com. you can read all about them before you even interview. Good luck.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 7:54 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Try sittercity.com
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 8:13 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• try www.care.com . They have certified sitters there that you can choose what kind of experience and pay rate you want and they will provide a list of people in your area with profiles for you to look at.
    romeece

Answer by romeece at 8:28 PM on Oct. 8, 2008