Fever no other symptons

My dd is 20 months old and since yesterday has had 102 fever but no other sypmtons. Just curious what this could be?

steelersmomof4

Asked by steelersmomof4 at 6:09 PM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Could be just a bug of some kind, give her tylenol or motrin and try to bring the fever down. If she still has a fever in the morning I would try to get a doctors appointment. Never hurts to check it out and better safe than sorry. Good luck!
    mrspierce06

Answer by mrspierce06 at 6:40 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• my dd has a fever all day as we, she is 21 months old, she did threw up first thing this morning, but aside from that there has been no other symptoms either, if she still has a fever in the morning we are bringing her to the dr, i think maybe she probabley got a ear infection! Good luck with your little one! Hope she/he feel better!
    mommylisar

Answer by mommylisar at 6:42 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• This happened to my 10 month old DD a few weeks ago. We spoke to the Dr on the phone and she told us as long as the fever didn't go over 103 and went down with medication we should give her a few days. We were to take her in if she got any other symptoms but the Dr told us the fever was just a sign that her body was doing it's job and fighting off an infection. She had a fever off and on for almost 3 days and just when I was about to go into "momma bear" mode and demand an appointment it went away.
    spbeta

Answer by spbeta at 6:57 PM on Aug. 22, 2010