So if my

11mth old daughter isnt crawling yet, does that mean she wont crawl at all? Not worried or anything but just wondering. I keep thinking shes going to skip it and walk but then i see her trying to get into the crawling position frm sitting but then stop. Im so confused, has anyone had this before?

mercy928

Asked by mercy928 at 6:15 PM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Is she scooting or army crawling? pulling to standing? walking with your fingers? I mean is she trying anything new or still just laying there...? I mean it is possible to never really hands and knees crawl but she should be doing other things...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:17 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• My son never crawled and started to walk about 12 months old. Our doc wasn't concerned because he would scoot on his bottom and cruise on the furniture. As long as he was mobile the doc was happy. My second child was crawling around 6 months and walking about 10 months though.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 6:27 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• My son started sometime in his 11th month. She may or may not crawl. Either way, not a big deal.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 6:28 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• She may not crawl. She may jump straight into walking. If shes just sitting there like a bump on a log, Id bring it up with her pedi but if she is at least moving around somehow, Id give it a while longer.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 6:33 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• She dnt scoot but does find a way to move around not to far but she wil end somewhere else facing another way from how i sit her to play on the floor. She does walk when i hold her hands. But isnt doing finger foods either. so alot things are confusing me.
    mercy928

Comment by mercy928 (original poster) at 6:34 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• My DD never crawled she butt scooted it was the cutest thing. She never walked until she was 16 mo old. Now at 2 1/2 yrs old she is a wild girl. It's normal momma.

raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 6:40 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• My son didnt crawl until he was 15 months old and he didnt walk until he was 25 months old. He was behind in alot of things but is doing much better lately.
    Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 7:27 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I would say that if by 14 months or so she is not eating finger foods and being mobile in one way or another it may be time to get a referral to a Developmental Pediatrician. Yes every child is different and develops differently but at the same time if there is a developmental delay (not as scary as it sounds) It's best to know early so they can begin getting the assistance they need to be 'on track' Your state probably has an early intervention program. Here is is called Babies Can't Wait that will do evaluations and give you free services as far as Therapy if any is even needed. The earlier you begin intervention the easier it is for them to 'catch up' Plus it's just good to know.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:28 PM on Aug. 23, 2010