a ringworm for almost a month

My son has had this ringworm below he left eye and it has turn into a big rash. Its from under his eye almost to his cheek. He has had diarrhea and wont eat much. No fever or cold just the stomach ache. It started to gross me out so I would wash his face every time I show it dirty. My son is changing from my husband company insurance cause for some reason he gets pay to much money(that another subject), so cant take him to the doctor. Is there anything I can put on it to help it go away, I find it pointless cause he would just rum it off but sometime is better then nothing.
thank u

i_am_ur_kittie

Asked by i_am_ur_kittie at 6:22 PM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Antifungal cream

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:23 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• take him to an emergent care type place. Promptly. It will cost thirty dollars to be seen. Or check with the local hospital and see if they offer a clinic for the uninsured.

http://www.dermisil.com/categories/Skin-Care/Ringworm/?gclid=CM6FrqOQzqMCFUmA5QodV1g7vQ
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 6:26 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Ring worm is a fungus, so use an antifungal cream like the stuff for athletes foot. Pick up some Lamisil and follow the directions for athletes foot, you should only have to use it for a week or so.
    Some Walgreens have a quick care clinic in them and you can talk to a nurse practitioner and it doesn't cost much, in case you need verification that it is ring worm.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 6:32 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Lamisil and cortisone to keep it form itching. Make sure you are treating the area at least 1/4 of and inch past where the circle ends. If is to bad he may need an oral anti fungal so visiting a clinic may not be a bad idea. I have to say if it was ring worm the chance of in having infected another area or someone else in the family having it now to is pretty high so if that hasn't happened I would questio whether or not it was really ring worm.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:50 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• You can try Renew Lotion - its natural - and has worked for my children's eczema and dry skin - also apply Melaleuca oil to the rash- don't get it in the eye - make sure it is high quality - I buy mine from a company that has very high quality oil - if you would like info on where to purchase it please contact me - good luck.
    Dew1

Answer by Dew1 at 7:48 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Just take him to the doctor. Money shouldn't be an issue when it comes to your childs well being. What if that ring worm moves and effects his vision? Who cares about the cost taken him to be seen
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:37 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Well, I understand what you are saying. I was so worried about my kids getting ring worm from there daycare, It was going around badly. My little girl got it and I did this for 2 weeks and it was gone. What this old lady told me was to do these things and I did. Make sure you wash the pillow case , blanket sheets stuffed animals that your child comes in contact with. If you dont it is just spreading. Make sure you buy something called blue star onitment and place it on him 3 times aday. Cover it with a bandaid so he will not rub it off. Also the last thing this will sound so nasty but I have even looked this up in home rem books. Let your child pee on a cloth and wash there face in it. or what ever area thats infected morning and nite. I dont know if this really helped but I was so worried and wanted to get ride of it.
    mochalatta20

Answer by mochalatta20 at 9:26 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Are you SURE it's ringworm? If you are not 100% then def get him seen. Being close to the eye is tricky and he probably should be seen anyway because of the risk of it spreading to his eye. Ringworm can treated it with Anti fungal cream (think athletes foot) Be very careful not to get it in his eye though. Also you should know that it has to be treated with the cream religiously (follow package directions for how many times to apply during the day) and that even with treatment it may take weeks to go away. And you are supposed to treat it until it completely goes away, not just until it looks better. Hope he gets better soon.
    Krysden

Answer by Krysden at 10:51 AM on Aug. 23, 2010