Mommies of toddler girls...

How old was your little girl when you first cut her hair? If you haven't cut it yet, when do you think you will cut it?

renea20

Asked by renea20 at 7:35 PM on Oct. 8, 2008 in General Parenting

• I started cutting our daughters' bangs when they were about 1 1/2. They just had there first real all over hair cut a few months ago:( One has straight hair and a low forehead, so I'm letting her bangs grow out now. The other one has beautiful curls, but a high forehead, so she still gets her bangs cut...but NOT the curls LOL! I cried when we cut there bangs because they didn't look like my babies anymore, they looked like little toddlers!
    LizClara

Answer by LizClara at 11:57 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• She had just turned 3....and it is SOOOOOO cute.....then she decided to cut it herself...today!!!! But it still looks ok...she just cut a few bangs on the front....
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 7:36 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• My daughter is 2 and a half and we have not cut her hair yet. As a matter of fact I don't plan on cutting it any time soon. She has beautiful long hair with curls...I will probably start trimming it when it gets the 'stringy' look. I just have the mind set that little girls are suppose to have long hair.
    mommy2karsyn

Answer by mommy2karsyn at 7:37 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• i cut my daughters hair when she was like nine months because only the back would grow and i didn't like the whole mullet thing goin on. its now all the same length and i will let it grow now.

KristaRene

Answer by KristaRene at 7:39 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• My 3 y/o has never had her hair cut except for when she did it herself. My 2 y/o has her hair really short because if it grows she will pull it out. I was going to get her a really cute haircut in a few weeks but, she took scissors to the top of it so I think its going to just be cut really short until it grows out. And she cut the fountain ponytail off of all things I was so upset.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 8:02 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• My daughter was two and a half when we first cut more than the bangs, we just trimmed it up to her shoulders. I actually liked it better before...
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 9:17 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• My girls aren't toddlers anymore but this is the first year I have ever cut their hair and they are 8 & 10.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 9:44 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• My first daughter I cut at 18 mos. My 2nd daughter had lots of hair and I cut her first at 4 mos. I haven't cut my 11 mos old's hair yet. She has a similar amount to the first girl and maybe 18 mos? It all has to do with how much hair she has and when it gets in her eyes or if she'll keep in a hair tie or barrette. I can't stand the "sheep dog" look.
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 11:18 PM on Oct. 8, 2008