So...What did they preach about today in your church?

Where you paying attention? ;0)

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 6:33 PM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• And yes, I was paying attention. My kids behave exceptionally well when DH is gone on his National Guard weekends (like this weekend) and maybe that's bcuz they know I am the disciplinarian. Since the kids behaved so well, I was actually able to pay attention the entire time. =)
    flatlanderjenn

Answer by flatlanderjenn at 8:11 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Forgiveness
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 6:36 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I have wanted to start going back to church. I didn't go today but I love this question, so I bumped you.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 6:40 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• hypocrites! How people try to preach the word to you, and they turn around and put you down all at the same time.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 6:44 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• the message was on luke 13:10-17, where JC heals a woman who'd been crippled for 18yrs, on the Sabbath, and the religious leaders scolded him for doing so..on the Sabbath. they were 'crippled in their old law', and would have refused t his woman. the minister spoke of letting go of ''suppose to's'' and legalities, and what others would think, in lieu of doing what was right and would bless someone. in other words, not 'quenching the Spirit', but letting the Holy Spirit lead.

one of the hymns sang was ''how great thou art'', and i sang at the top of my lungs...i love that hymn!

(my ds was better behaved today..lol!)
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:45 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• lol ambr2006. It took me a second to figure out I wasn't getting yelled at! I couldn't figure out what I did! LMBO!!
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 6:52 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Temptation. Love our pastor, he can really make you think and you don't take yours eyes off him the whole time because he is so animated!
    jamiesuev22

Answer by jamiesuev22 at 6:55 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Questions Why believe in God. It was a great uplifting sermon.
    nanny29

Answer by nanny29 at 7:33 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• True Friendship Between God and Neighbor (from my notes):
    Difference between friend and acquaintance
    Friendship w/ God- motivation: love 1 Corinthians 13:8a
    Psalm 15 Who will be a guest in your tent? Who will reside in your holy mountain?
    Hebrews 11:6,8,9 Discussion on those who were called "God's friend"
    1 Samuel 18:1,3 Example of the relationship between Jonathan and David
    Must love righteousness, must communicate- prayer opens heart, reveals innermost feelings, worries, concerns. Listening to Jehovah, reading God's word, applying counsel
    Other scriptured discussed: Galatians 6:9,10 and Mattew 28:19,20
    69humblepie

Answer by 69humblepie at 7:57 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• We first read from Isaiah 66:18-21 when God summoned the neighboring nations to Zion and from them will send some to distant lands to proclaim His glory. Then we read from Hebrews 12:5-13 which teaches that we should regard our own sufferings as the affectionate correction of the Lord who loves us as a father loves his children. Lastly, we read from Luke 13:22-30 where Jesus stresses that great effort is required for entrance into His kingdom and those who reject Jesus and His message will have no place at the table. He also says the last will be first and the first will be last.
    flatlanderjenn

Answer by flatlanderjenn at 8:09 PM on Aug. 22, 2010