My sister in law hates me cause she saids Im Negative Person... what ever that means??

My sister in law and I were best friends and would come to each other if we need to talk about anything cause our husbands family drives us crazy. She just one day stop talking, txting, and emailing me, she even deleted me from her Facebook and block me off to add again. My husband ask his brother why and he said he ask her and she told him I was a negative person and she dont need a person like that in her life. Our kids are the same age and best friends, She wont let her daughter come and my son as face the fact he will never see her again. my husband and his brother are best friends and when he is over she calls him to come home and u can hear her yelling. Now her husband has stop talking me too and cant play online with me no more. She is going to far with this and I dont know if i should do anything about this cause she is bipolor. I may come to her with my problems but itsnt that what friends are for... what should I do?

i_am_ur_kittie

Asked by i_am_ur_kittie at 6:36 PM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• Sounds like you offend her in some way. Maybe you talked about your problems too much and didn't really listen to hers. IDK, I'm just trying to guess. I do think she's taking it too far with what you have said.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 6:38 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I wish there was something you could do. My daughter did that with her best friend and for the life of me I can't figure out why. It just infuriates me that someone would do that. I can't know if you are a negative person but if she is really bi polar she could be reacting to that. She may very well be the negative one on occasions. Unless you can get her to talk to you I don't know what to do. Do you have any mutual friends or can your husband talk some sense into her? I really hope you can work it out.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 6:40 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• No, friends are not just to go to when you have problems. I too have purged many negative people from my life. If I only hear from them when they have a problem, or when they want to whine and bitch, I don't have the time or energy. What should you do? If you find that you want her in your live, then you'll need to look at developing a more positive outlook and a more positive energy.
    missingruth

Answer by missingruth at 6:43 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• You always find out in the end who your true friends. She wasn't a true friend from the beginning. Let it go if she can't be women enough to talk to you face to face about what got her pantys in a bunch then just let it go. I am not someone that just let someone turn there back on me with nothing said i would question her about it and if she refuses to talk then you know the answer to this she wasn't a true friend ever.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 6:46 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• No, My husband says she is a little child and needs to get over it. It started to go down hill when they stop visiting cause she said when they would come they would fight alot. My friend who is good with understanding people says she is jealous of my life and how great me and my husband are compare to hers. I dont know what to believe, I would ask her about her life and she wont let me must and just start talking about mine, maybe I should let it go but she will be apart of my life cause I am apart of this family.
    i_am_ur_kittie

Comment by i_am_ur_kittie (original poster) at 6:46 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I have a friend that is always down in the dumps, and has been for years. It does get aggrivating how negative she is, but does nothing to change her life. I can't purge her from my life, but at the same time i usually let my husband talk to her (They are life long friends, thats how i met her) I have no advice to give, but maybe let her cool off. and if a relationship can be brought back together maybe not talk all the time about problems. That's what a journal is for Lol. it really does help, lets you get things out.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 6:48 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• It is exhausting to have negative people in your life. If she believes you to be negative, there's nothing wrong with her choosing not to associate with you. We all choose our friends for reasons. Simply because you are both a part of the same family does not mean that you are automatically friends.
    Gaccck

Answer by Gaccck at 7:39 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I think by "negative" she might mean "jealousy-inducing".
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 8:51 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I am not negative! she is the one picking fights with her husband and the party pooper. We use to all go out but she would complain the whole time. Nothing is good enough for her and she will get want she wants. I always try to come her down or help her if they got her order wrong so she wont get mad. U feel sorry for her husband cause now he is on his own.
    i_am_ur_kittie

Comment by i_am_ur_kittie (original poster) at 9:09 PM on Aug. 22, 2010