Does anyone have a SO whose friends seem to not like you?

And you feel as if you haven't done anything to make them NOT like you.

poptart0325

Asked by poptart0325 at 6:46 PM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• My husband's friends did not like me at first. Now we all laugh about it. They were upset that he started spending most of his time with me and less with them. Once they realized that I was in it and that what we had was real, they accepted me. They were just looking out for him like good friends do.
    Courtney610

Answer by Courtney610 at 6:49 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• We have all the same friends i and my hubby are just likable people so no i have never had a problem with that. Has any of his friends gave you a reason as to way they don't like you?
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 6:49 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Nope, they all seem to like me. One of them even made a comment about wanting to see me and another girl get it on. In front of he said that. That was just a few days ago.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:57 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I've been with my husband for three years and I've never felt very comfortable around his friends, except for a few of them. Before he met me, he was going out and hanging out with them a lot during the week. Drinking, smoking cigarettes and doing stupid things. Well, when he met me, he quit all of that because he said he wanted to finally grow up and start a family. I never asked him to stop spending time with his friends or quit drinking. I did ask him to quit smoking because I don't like being around the smoke and I didn't want to raise a kid around it. But a few of his friends have made small comments about how I changed him and I took him away from them. And you know how when you're with someone, you can get the feeling that they don't like you? Well I get that with almost all of them. You'd think after about three years they would've gotten over it.. since half of them are married with kids now too.
    poptart0325

Comment by poptart0325 (original poster) at 6:56 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I've never said or done anything to any of them. I've always been as nice as I could be to them. And apparently one of them even went back and told another one of his friends (one that had never even met) that I was saying mean things about them on Myspace. I mean wtf? How is that supposed to make me feel? Of course the guy that the rumor was told to has no hard feelings towards me and I actually like him... but still. This is why I try to avoid being around them, but I NEVER stop my husband from being with them. He makes that decision himself.
    poptart0325

Comment by poptart0325 (original poster) at 6:58 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• just one of them but i think he doesnt like me cause he is attracted to me and my dh saw it to and they dont talk anymore
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 7:05 PM on Aug. 22, 2010