Did you know that you can think what you want to think?

One of the greatest things that we have is a choice. 2 Cor 10:4-5 States that we can cast down strongholds in our mind. We can have our minds renewed. Romans states that we can renew our minds. There is a difference in reading and studying. Study to shew yourself approved.

The word of God has power in it and full of life. Jesus is the word made flesh. There is something wonderful about the word of God. Its a plot of the enemy to keep our minds stayed on Him.

We need to meditate on the word of God and it will change you completely. Worrying is a form of meditating. Romans 12:2 Dont be conformed to this world. Dont be superficial. Be transformed or changed by the entire renewal of the mind. I know that God is alive and that Jesus is real. If your mind is renewed then you can prove for yourselves that God and Jesus are alive and are real. God's word is a medicine chest for our life.

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 6:49 PM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Religious Debate

• Yep! Change your thinking and you can change your attitude and actions! I loved that when I realized that worrying is meditating (meditating on the wrong things- but still meditating). Now I try to remember to "worry" on Scripture. :D
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 6:51 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I agree with the whole statement but was surprised by the worrying part being a form of meditation.
    jamiesuev22

Answer by jamiesuev22 at 7:01 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• jamiesuev22 - it surprised me when that was pointed out to me! Basically we are all pros at meditating! :D Worrying is thinking on and going over and over something in our mind. So is meditating! It's just what we choose to think/worry/meditate on that is the key!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 7:04 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Except on Cafemom where you can now get down voted for not agreeing with the majority or just thinking anything in general that someone else doesn't agree with. Of course I don't care much for points or who does or does not like my opinions so it's all good.

2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:12 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• good message.. Full of yummy truth!

Autisticmom: I usually laugh when I get voted down.. I think its funny. I dont vote ppl down I vote up.. I like being positive:-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 7:23 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I am SO tempted to vote you down just so you can have a good laugh! :D
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 7:26 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Yes I do know that I can think what I want to think.  I've been doing it my whole life so I have some experience.

I would rather not be transformed into a mindless drone by the bible thanks.   I like my critical thinking and free spirit.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:27 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Did you know that you can think what you want to think?

Yes I know and I do! and the Bible has nothing to do with it either.

Answer by older at 7:39 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Yeah Shan I laugh too. I don't use the down vote either. I do think this whole point system thing is utterly ridiculous. I prefer to be positive myself. Voted you up just because LOL.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:03 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Yes I know we can and my thinking works just great for me.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 9:02 PM on Aug. 22, 2010